Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a freakin' dead spider inside my speedometer! :mad: Little tiny black speck hanging from his (her?) web and bouncing around as I drive between the clock and odometer display.

How hard is it to open up the gauges so I can remove the offending carcass?

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Froggin sV said:
year? model?
of the spider????

oh damn that was funny!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nexus242 said:
of the spider????

oh damn that was funny!!
LMAO
yeah that makes a world of difference on how to get it out ;D

·
Registered
397 Posts
yesterday i found a huge grasshopper sitting on my headlamp :-d kinda freaked me out...glad I didn't get freaked out while riding :-\

·
Registered
37 Posts
yyun said:
LMAO this is funny, I know that spiders hate smoke.
So try to smoke him out of there.
said spider is dead.....its prob. hard to smoke out anything that is no longer among the living. ;D

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but why bother? It can't be that much of a distraction. It could be a good conversation starter if you meet someone attractive.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
andyauger said:
Maybe it's just me, but why bother?  It can't be that much of a distraction.  It could be a good conversation starter if you meet someone attractive.
2 points in reply Andy

1) Only two attractive women have not ran from my mug on first sight, First one I married, Second one is married to Stu  ;D
2) Dead spider acts like a second tach, it bounces around on it's thread in perfect time with the engine RPMs

·
Registered
434 Posts
andyauger said:
Maybe it's just me, but why bother? It can't be that much of a distraction. It could be a good conversation starter if you meet someone attractive.
Hey gorgous wanna check out the dead spider hangin out in my tach?

·
Registered
434 Posts
looks like you gotta remove the headlight. then the meter cover, disconect the coupler. small bracket under coupler. then the meter comes off. From there it looks like one more bracket and two screws. the rest should then just kinda come apart(this is from the service manual, haven't done it myself)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do a search for "spiderectomy" I'm sure someone has posted in the Mods forum. ;D

Or just paint your bike in Spiderman graphics.

·
Registered
238 Posts
oh shit this is funny. :D I gotta go grab a napkin to wipe the spittle off the screen :D :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts