Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a hotbodies undertail....unpainted? I'm hearing so much about the color match problem for the blue '05. But this fender is really getting annoying to look at. I want to make sure that the color is matched, and I don't want to just settle of an off color one just to appease my fender murdering appetite.

If I can get one unpainted, how much would it cost to paint it? And where? Is it worth it?

G

·
slappermouth said:
Does anyone know where I can get a hotbodies undertail....unpainted? I'm hearing so much about the color match problem for the blue '05. But this fender is really getting annoying to look at. I want to make sure that the color is matched, and I don't want to just settle of an off color one just to appease my fender murdering appetite.

If I can get one unpainted, how much would it cost to paint it? And where? Is it worth it?
haven't seen one unpainted but this maybe something to think about, if you buy a painted one it would be a simple scuff and repaint job for your painter vs finding one that isn't painted and it needing a bit more work once received to be ready for paint. I know like a lot of things that have to be painted whether it be for a bike or car/truck the companys ALWAYS claim their product is paint ready but 99% of the time the product is not, it usually needs more sanding even items that they say are allready primed. Just food for thought I guess either way you look at it you could spend about the same now that I think about it, couple extra bucks for a painted under tail or paying the extra bucks to your painter to clean up an unpainted one.

G

·
I got one for my blue 03 and had to have it painted. It cost about $50. However if i had to do it all again i would just get a black one this way you can just touch it up with a rattle can as it gets scratched up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts