Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Keep us updated on how the modeling goes for it, I am going to make a custom undertail out of aluminum but I dont plan on doing it till this winter.

·
Registered
830 Posts
sprint_9 said:
Keep us updated on how the modeling goes for it, I am going to make a custom undertail out of aluminum but I dont plan on doing it till this winter.
I did the aluminium one with my bro (Khskenny) over the winter. came out really great. looks awesome, and it was uber-cheap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Toss me a PM with your email, I'll send you the printable under tail section already modded out in CAD. Save the document and take it to kinko's. Seventeen cents later you'll have a realistic sized template.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jocast-SV650S said:
Toss me a PM with your email, I'll send you the printable under tail section already modded out in CAD. Save the document and take it to kinko's. Seventeen cents later you'll have a realistic sized template.
pm sent

·
Registered
200 Posts
FWIW I am building an undertail from AL now. I built the first one, but need to make some changes to it. It is actually easier to rebuild then modify the first. I will have pics on my thread later this week.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
pm sent.
I asked for the cad version.

We have a sheetmetal bender and all sorts of equipment here, so it shouldnt be hard for me to do it up.

Filthy- cant wait to see what you post later this week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
PM also sent... i am a new sv rider as well and would like to change the mudflap into the AL. I have a 99 SV and just want to know how complicated this whole thing is. so if i get this template, print it out, i can take it to somewhere like home depot or something and get them to cut it out of some metal right? then install. any help will be appreciated.

G

·
I just made a template for the undertray, now I need a template for a licence plate holder. Does anyone know where I can get one online?

·
Registered
17 Posts
for the license plate holder, i bought 2 L brackets at lowe's for like 2 bucks. drilled pilot holes in my aluminum and then screwed the L brackets in. it was uber cheap and it looks real clean. whoever made that template... thanks. it is awesome. it took a few hours of work and being creative with spending as few dollars as possible, but it was well worth it. now i'm just waiting on some turn signals and a light to light up license plate that i purchased online for 5 bucks and 15 bucks. so total cost.... 50 (including aluminum sheet, a cutting wheel for the drill i already have, some screws, brackets, spray paint, drill bit, cheap rachet set, and some snip snips to cut the aluminum)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts