Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, what undertails/fender eliminators do you all use? Pics if you got them. I'm curious mostly about the one from hotbodies racing. It looks sweet on the webpage but I don't see the license plate bracket it says it comes with. I'm worried where the plate ends up will make the local pigs decide i'm worth hassling.

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
belltold12 said:
the local pigs
I dont know who you are..... and I usually keep my opinions to myself....

but that is rude and uncalled for....

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
eh lets not turn this post into a pissing contest.... only nice things *giggle*

dood try our photo album, if theres nothing there im sure somebody will post soon enuff

·
Registered
196 Posts
I installed a hotbodies on my 01, it took a few hours as it was my first one, but it looks good, im not sure it was worth the $180 i paid for it, but hey its only money right? My advice is get a hugger at the same time ive only had mine on since april w/o a hugger and its really chipped up with rocks. About the plate, i mounted mine outta sight in front of the tire, i live in a small town and went to school with most of the guys who are now the 5-0 so i havent been hasseled at all cause in a small town all it takes is someone turning in a blue bike and your busted anyways. I intend on makeing a bracket to hold my plate and some of those nifty mini stalk blinkers. Good luck

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...meant no offense, just live in a small town where the local law enforcement officers seem to get bored easily and I have friends who are cops so i'm used to using the expression in a friendly joking manner. In a major metro police might not care or bother wasting their time with minor violations or infractions...our police get on anything they can.

San Francisco is my the closest major city and one night my car got broken into. While collecting myself a cop happened to come down the st. so i flagged him down and they basically told me sucks to be you and went about their business. My buddy had his car broken into here, and they took finger prints, crime scene photos, the works and acctually captured the guy. But that's not what this post is about...i'm curious about undertails.

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
No harm done..... We consider this site family, and I am sure there are LEO as part of our "family".

Now back to our normal programming...... :lol:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Im going to get one soon too, but cant decide which one to get. Also, cant decide whether or not i should go with a cf hugger or a yellow one. The problem i have with hotbodies is that i have read that their fairings just break up if you wreck instead of just being sanded down by the concrete. Kinda scares me that if i buy a under tail from them, how long it will last. Ill find one soon enough, or i will do a home one. Anyone on here want to mod mine and send it back? i hate my own work. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone have this one, seen it in action or got any opinions about this one?

http://www.1tail.com/sa/cart/detail.asp?pg={18433425-E493-4D42-926D-A71E000C6EB3}

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i just ordered that one so we'll see what it's like when it gets here. I always like getting stuff online w/free shipping and no sales tax. $141.95 is fairly inexpensive, and the Q&A makes it out to be farely easy to install. I also like that it's stainless which might be heavier but still...no need for a hugger cause it probably takes one helluva rock to chip stainless, and it has a license light to satisfy LEO (as i've learned to call them :wink: ).

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
lol. Mine was free plus labor. Just cut the fender off and stick the plate on there. No trouble from cops ever about it. Besides, how are you supposed to run toll with your plate fully visible?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts