Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may recall my posting awhile ago asking about the hotbodies undertail, and how I decided to go with the Competition Werkes instead. Well, it came yesterday so I borrowed some tools and went at it. I will say this...I'm proud of myself for not screwing it up because this is the first time i've done anything like this. It took me awhile but I'm sure it could be done in like half an hour by people with more experience. The directions were easy to follow and all in all it was pretty straight forward. I did have to "adjust" some of the bends though. I didn't get the psycho fast blinker syndrome, and in my opinion the new flashers are just as bright as stock. It cleans up the tail quite nicely but it looks like it might create more drag so it's not the most aero-efficient piece out there. So here are the pics

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/belltold12/album?.dir=/90e2&.src=ph

The red arrows are where the license plate mounts (once it gets here, yeesh...) and the green dot is the license plate light.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i'm not concerned about aerodynamics at all, but figured it was a point worth mentioning. The stainless steel pan sorta hangs down away from the black plastic and the little "vents" are facing the wrong way to let the air flow straight through.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
belltold12 said:
well i'm not concerned about aerodynamics at all, but figured it was a point worth mentioning. The stainless steel pan sorta hangs down away from the black plastic and the little "vents" are facing the wrong way to let the air flow straight through.
Although, aerodynamics are the least of your concerns, if it bothers you, you should nkow that at that point on your bike, the air is flowing upwards and forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts