Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am getting ready to replace my stock shock with a rebuilt shock from the sv race shop and I removed the tail section and undertail plastic tonight. One of the things I was going to do was cut off the ugly and useless tool box . Does anybody make a undertail that is a fender eliminator and battery box all in one??? Also what can I do to bust the dog bone and shock bolts loose? I got the bolt on the top of the shock loose no problem but the bottom is proving to be much harder. Ahhhhhhh! Thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i haven't seen any undertails that have put any thought towards tool boxes. i'd say if you're going to cut off the tool box than you are going to have to keep your tools under the rear seat. that is where they were in '03 anyway. they didn't add the exterior tool box until '04.

can't help you on the bolt though except to maybe try some anti-sieze.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So do undertails replace the rear fender ie do they give you spots to attach all that electrical stuff that is attached on the inside???

·
Registered
571 Posts
a fender eliminator gets rid of the huge snow shovel that hangs off the back of our bikes only.

an undertail gets rid of the rear fender along with replacing the black plastic piece that makes up the bottom of our tail. if you look under the bike you'll see a big long piece of plastic with a curved recess in it so that if the rear tire gets compressed far enough it will fit in this hole. that piece is what the undertail replaces. they are typically colormatched to your bike and have turn signals integrated into them.

here is an undertail http://www.kneedraggers.com/details...ED_Signal_Lights_Suzuki_SV650--51-HOT-19.html

here is a fender eliminator http://www.1tail.com/sa/cart/detail.asp?pg={18433425-E493-4D42-926D-A71E000C6EB3}

and they come in all shapes and sizes.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice I have clear alternatives signals and a fender eliminator from holeshot but I thought I might get a nice piece of plastic to replace the stock black one especially if it got rid of the tool box etc. I can see this one does not. Do you know of any without signals that replace all the stock parts and keep a spot for the battery???

·
Registered
571 Posts
from what i have noticed it doesn't look like any i have seen go back so far as to interfere with the battery. i think they all go back close to the battery box and stop. otherwise where would you put the battery?

i think there might be a few that would not have signals built into them. but that would be a very small minority of them. that is going to involve some searching.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts