Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does every state have under 21 tags for motorcycles, I live in Florida, and because of the under 21 helmet law, people who register a bike that are under 21 get a red tag, that says under 21.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
No for Oklahoma. Under 21 gets a different looking license. 14 year olds can get an "M" endorsement and ride bikes under 250 cc.

·
Registered
303 Posts
No for OR, I was 17 and riding with an endorsement and nothing was different.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Michigan does not have a different plate for age groups. we have a standard white plate with blue letters. We also have (at extra cost) about 100 kinds of custom look plates for different things like antiques, or your favorite publically funded college

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not that I'm aware of in TN but here everyone has to wear a helmet.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
No for Delaware, Utah, Arizona, or Indiana

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Florida under 21 DLs are done in the vertical format with a big red banner saying under 21 next to the photo, over 21 are horizontal.

Under 21 DL

Over 21 DL

And MC riders get this special blank under 21 plate for their bikes

·
Registered
594 Posts
Michigan does not have a different plate for age groups. we have a standard white plate with blue letters. We also have (at extra cost) about 100 kinds of custom look plates for different things like antiques, or your favorite publically funded college
There's only one option for cycles in MI, right?

I was ****** when they went to the mandatory white plates here in MI. I liked my old school blue plate I had on my car. Then they made me switch when I got my current car and had to transfer the plate from the old car to the new one. Wouldn't even let me keep my blue plate til it was actually time to renew it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Florida under 21 DLs are done in the vertical format with a big red banner saying under 21 next to the photo, over 21 are horizontal.

Under 21 DL

Over 21 DL
Michigan does the same thing with drivers licenses now. I missed out on it and never had a vertical license when I turned 16 and got mine.

I just got a new license in the mail yesterday. It had that nice 'CY' endorsement on it after a trip to the secretary of state last monday.

·
Registered
183 Posts
az does the same thing as florida for drivers licenses but not with plates. we dont have any helmet laws either. I see a lot of people that dont wear a helmet which I think is stupid.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
nope but it's a great idea. and you should be wearing a helmet anyway.

Edit* sorry PA and we have a no helmet law similar if not the same as Fl

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
No in Pa.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts