Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Registered
368 Posts
i think the manual says there should be just under 1 inch of play total... as in, put it in gear, roll it back till it stops, then you should be able to lift the chain about .75 inches before it'a taut... i think.. somebody knows...

btw, if youre making us wait for savage pics, there had better be ludicrous amounts of mud involved... or at least rediculous amounts of air between the tires and ground...

· Registered
368 Posts
well... 25mm is just about an inch... so... 7/8 to 1-1/8 inch of slack...
i would think youre good at anywhere between .75 and 1.25...
i usually check mine with my shoe... *lift, drop, lift, drop* "looks about right" a little slack but not too much...
idc...

· Premium Member
3,797 Posts
I had my chain/sprockets replaced about 1000km (600miles) ago and I noticed it was getting close to about an inch and a half of slack.. possibly a touch more.. it didn't seem to be slapping around much and I couldn't pinch any off the sprocket so I don't think it was a problem..

So I adjusted it today...I'd say it is at about 20mm aka 2cm... it took about 1/2 a turn on the rear adjusters.

I wonder how much re-adjusting your rear spring setting will play in the slack... I just cranked mine up a couple notches from where it was when I had the chain put on... would that as well as chain break in cause that much slack in 1000km?

as a side note.. a guy gave me the remains of a "motul chain lube - road" can.. maybe 2 or 3 more applications... he seemed to love it...

anyone use this stuff...

There is no fling off and the chain stays nice and gold where as when I used wd-40 as a temporary measure the chain was black after a few hundred miles.

But this stuff is super sticky...so I have to wonder how well it lubricates

· Registered
690 Posts
bighammer wins the "Who Can Be The First Person To Dig Up A Dead Thread" award.

Grats dude.

Now please, let it die again.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts