Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'05 sv650 for sale on Craigs list for $4799!!! LOL my eyes hurt the longer I stare!

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I've seen plenty worse on this site. I won't post pics out of respect but that one isn't all that bad.

On a side note. I find it funny how people list the price of the mods, thinking it actually effing matters.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've seen plenty worse on this site. I won't post pics out of respect but that one isn't all that bad.

On a side note. I find it funny how people list the price of the mods, thinking it actually effing matters.
I agree. Seen much worse...but that paintjob looks like the offspring of a bumble-bee and a bic lighter.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Let's assume for a moment that the paint job is of high quality, buried under a nice glossy clearcoat.
Take away the yellow stretched swingarm, and I actually kinda like it.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
So who's going to nominate it for SVOTM?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I kinda like it, aside from the yellow swing arm ;)

Someone put some kind of effort into it and turns out they don't like yellow either xD

·
Premium Member
4,845 Posts
I agree, it's ugly. I would be embarrassed to ride it.

I hate to think about how much money some fool put into the gaudy paint and ridiculous swing arm...

·
MOTORADOR
10,958 Posts
I've seen worse. I agree the lengthened swingarm looks totally out of place...
How's that? An extended swing arm is totally necessary on a bike with so much power... it's the only way to prevent an SV from wheelieing like crazy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
one thing for sure he will never be in an accident ;p the "i never saw him" goes right out the window with that bike!

·
MOTORADOR
10,958 Posts
one thing for sure he will never be in an accident ;p the "i never saw him" goes right out the window with that bike!
Yah, it becomes target fixation. :evil6:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like it.. but like other cool paint jobs, I wouldn't want it on my bike.. it's just not me!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Actually them listing the price of the mods is kind of helpfull. I always wondered how much it would cost to get a nice paint job (not that that one is pretty but I'm sure its well done). I would have thought a custom paint job would have cost more.

·
Banned
686 Posts

The price of the mods does matter, if you're selling a motorbike. Simply because some people are intelligent enough to see around that, doesn't mean that it's not a viable selling point for the product.

Example: We had a used 2011 Streetfighter S at the shop with over $3,500 in accessories, upgrades, and performance mods. Simply asking "X" number of dollars for the bike, without listing what was on it, would turn many people off. However, listing what was on the bike, as well as an approximate cost of said modifications, eliminated many questions, and allowed people to see just why we were asking what we were asking. ;D

As it was, the bike only lasted a few weeks anyhow. However I have a theory that if you put enough carbon fibre on something, it'll sell pretty quick. :naughty:

Actually them listing the price of the mods is kind of helpfull. I always wondered how much it would cost to get a nice paint job (not that that one is pretty but I'm sure its well done). I would have thought a custom paint job would have cost more.
Paint depends on what you want. Just a simple Maaco scruff-n'-shoot job... a couple hundred bucks. It then goes up from there, depending on if you're trying to match the factory paint, if you have damage to fix, or if you're doing a completely unique and customer-involved paint scheme.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yes, the swingarm kills it. Saw a Gixxer Saturday with a stretched swingarm and a squid riding it(no gear on whatsoever). Why dammit? Why??

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
We here at SVRider tend to share a pretty narrow view of what's acceptable behavior, sort of a motorcycling Taliban. The fact that this bike isn't optimized for the twisties makes it "ugly" or wrong, at least according to our perspective.

We're wrong. We don't get to decide what's right for other people's bikes. We don't get to define and enforce some inflexible motorcycle orthodoxy. Some people like cruisers. Some cruisers don't start as Harleys or metric Harley clones. Some cruisers start as sportbikes and are tuned for bikenights instead of the Tail of the Dragon. This guy wanted his bike to look like this and he succeeded.

We should stop spending so much time being obnoxious assh*les and more time riding.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts