Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Will Chuck Liddell start his comeback with a win over Shoghun Rua?

• Yes! The Iceman is back!

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, his rein is over.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I dont really like the UFC but I do love BACON!!

Votes: 6 35.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Difficult to say. 50% of my predictions are wrong anyway even tho I follow the UFC closely. I don't know about Liddel winning. He's getting tired. I do strongly believe that Silva will pulverize his opponent Leites. I can't wait until May 23rd when Machita fights Evans. Evans will definitely have his work cut out for him.

Anderson Silva is impressive.

peace...murfy

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
It seems like Shogun and Chuck are both past their prime. They were big names in their day, but no longer. I think that's why they're having this fight. If they pitted either one of them against someone who is doing well right now they'd get destroyed. Put them against each other though and you will have a long, drawn out, semi exciting fight, sure to lull fans into a resounding sense of "meh".

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Difficult to say. 50% of my predictions are wrong anyway even tho I follow the UFC closely. I don't know about Liddel winning. He's getting tired. I do strongly believe that Silva will pulverize his opponent Leites. I can't wait until May 23rd when Machita fights Evans. Evans will definitely have his work cut out for him.

Anderson Silva is impressive.

peace...murfy
Ditto on the Machita/Evans fight. They have similar fighting strategy and both are quick. It's going to be a pretty evenly match fight. I predict first round is going to be devoid of action.

Silva is a fighting machine.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do agree that Silva is an animal but his last fight was a very mediocre showing. That being said he could come out wanting a one minute knockout and very well do that. Leites is a very good fighter and could drag this fight out for a while, I think it will get to the third round then Silva will seal the deal.

I dont think Liddell is as far gone as some people would think. He has become a great fighter late in his career. He is turning 40 so a falloff is normal. I guess I just am a fan and believe he can do it.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I think Shogun looked terrible against Mark Coleman, but I'm hoping that was enough motivation for him to actually shape up. Some of his past fights were incredible. Then again, Chuck looked good in the fight against Rashad, he just left his chin out a bit too long and paid the price. He definitely looked better in his fight against Rashad than Shogun did against Coleman.

Still prediciting a Rua victory

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I refuse to watch any more UF CRAP until they either throw lesnar out, or make him fight a bear.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I refuse to watch any more UF CRAP until they either throw lesnar out, or make him fight a bear.
why does he need to fight a bear? cause he can out muscle any other heavyweight? i think in his rematch with mir he is gonna dominate him.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
why does he need to fight a bear? cause he can out muscle any other heavyweight? i think in his rematch with mir he is gonna dominate him.
Who is "he" that is going to "dominate" which "him?" WUT? :tard:

If Brock Lesnar is training his submission defense, which I have no doubt he is, as much as I like Frank Mir, I seriously doubt he can handle that behemoth.

The only reason Mir won was because of Lesnar's inexperience and lack of training in submission defense. I dont think he will make the same mistake again. Behemoth or not, Lesnar is as "technical" as a guy that size can ever be. All that guy does is train. They need to have a super-heavyweight class to be fair.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
I say they put all of them in a big arena, after feeding them a steady diet of whiskey and PCP for about a week. That should sepparate the men from the boys. :thumbsup:

Imagine if Brock Lesnar lived in your neighborhood and he was training on the lawn. All that grunting would be the least of your worries. I'd be worried of the seismic activity in your state from him slamming his body on the ground.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Who is "he" that is going to "dominate" which "him?" WUT? :tard:

If Brock Lesnar is training his submission defense, which I have no doubt he is, as much as I like Frank Mir, I seriously doubt he can handle that behemoth.

The only reason Mir won was because of Lesnar's inexperience and lack of training in submission defense. I dont think he will make the same mistake again. Behemoth or not, Lesnar is as "technical" as a guy that size can ever be. All that guy does is train. They need to have a super-heavyweight class to be fair.
exactly, they either need to make a super heavy weight class and put him up against butter bean or hong man choi. MMA is about skill and training, it's not about finding the next freak of nature in body mass and letting him get a one shot at the title. There are plenty of other muscle freaks that are lesnars size and weight that could handle him, but the only reason they don't get a UFC contract is because they won't rake in payperview money like a former WWE wrestler will.

Maybe I just don't find it entertaining to watch a guy with a 50-75lb weight advantage and poor fighting ability, step into a ring and pound a smaller guy who actually knows how to fight. Hence why his next match should be against a bear, that's what all his fights are, spectacles. Let's put some poor guy with weight disadvantage in and watch him get pummeled. That's all brock lesnars fights will ever be.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.