Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post on the boards so hi to everyone here.

Anyways, picked up my first bike last week, an '04s with super low miles that had been dropped and had some cosmetic damage. Since this is my first bike I figured I might as well start off with one that had been dropped.

The plans for the bike are pretty simple, strip off anything unnecessary and make it a fun bike to ride around town.

The bike had the clutch dragging pretty bad in first gear so I got all of the fluids changed and followed the guide here on adjusting the clutch and while that helped immensely, it still is sticking a little. I am hopeful this will go away once I actually get to put a few miles on the bike. Any suggestions or tricks to help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Enough intro, onto the pictures.

Here it is when I first got it home.

Started tearing it apart the first night.

Did the DIY FE mod and added an LED plate light.

Got my headlight in from Delkevic so I fabbed up some clamps and brackets, still working on these though ;)

I could not stand the yellow, no offense to yellow owners just not my thing, so I decided to try out plasti-dipping the tank and tail. I figured worst case scenario I peel it off and I'm back to yellow. At any rate the plasti dip is temporary, it will be getting sprayed in actual satin black paint sooner than later.

While that was curing I made brackets to hold the gauge cluster in place. I am still not sold on this location so it may be getting moved. We'll see.

So that's basically it. Here is how she sits now. I'm still waiting on a few parts to get in before really starting to ride but I'm definitely looking forward to it. I will also be starting an INTRO THREAD as well so I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions in there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Took my first ride on the SV, and a street-bike in general, last Tuesday and have put about 400 miles on it since then. I love this thing! :rock:

Updates for the build:

-New Tires (Conti Motions)
-New front fender
-Bar end mirrors (off of ebay - seem to be working great though)
-OURY road grips installed (super comfy grips btw)
-New riding gear (Helmet, boots, and gloves for now)
-Headlight and blinker mounts made and installed
-Front wiring harness rebuilt from scratch to delete like 80% of the wires.
-Got the clutch adjustments all figured out (thanks to the guide here :worship: )
-Bought a seat cowl off the classifieds here, so really looking forward to getting that as my passenger seat is in not good condition and rather ugly.

Anyways here is a pic of my first mini road trip on the SV.
Just rode up to the mountains for the afternoon, beautiful weather and scenery. Overall a great ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also wanted to post a quick reply and update on the plasti-dip since I know most people are interested in its durability.

So far it is surpassing my expectations. I have not exactly been nice to it either, and I have only gotten one nick in it which was entirely my own fault.

The only negative about it is that it gets surface scratches really easily. So From like 5 feet away it looks great but when you get up close it is fairly scratched up wherever my gear hits it. Not a big deal but worth noting.

Overall I really like it, especially for the price, and I have gotten numerous compliments and questions regarding it. Most people I meet seem to approve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts