Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. when my bike is cold it idles at around 1600 and when it is warm it idles at about 2000

2. I can hear my fuel pump running at all times...

any help? are they related?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I reallllly hope this is a joke...

if not.. Adjust the idle when its warm.. easy to do

its fuel injected... no way to pump fuel from a tank with out a pump running while the bike is running...

·
Registered
336 Posts
The manual says to set idle at 1250, but personally I like it a little higher
adjust the idle with a screwdriver through the left side frame of the bike, just under the gas tank. The screw should have a white plastic backing to hold it in place

I'm honestly surprised you can hear the fuel pump running - my engine/exhaust is far too loud to hear the little fuel pump..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I reallllly hope this is a joke...

if not.. Adjust the idle when its warm.. easy to do

its fuel injected... no way to pump fuel from a tank with out a pump running while the bike is running...

i have three sv's sitting in my garage, this is the only one that you can hear the fuel pump, over the motor and exhaust. its also the one with the highest mileage. so I wasn't sure if it was a sign that the fuel pump is on its way out.

and apparently someone at the local bike meet thought it would be fun to turn my idle screw up. It was all of the sudden yesterday and a big difference that's why I was concerned.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
When the fuel pump inlet screen becomes clogged up the noise will go up as the pump strains to do its' thing. Might not hurt to pull it for inspection and cleaning if needed.

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
When the fuel pump inlet screen becomes clogged up the noise will go up as the pump strains to do its' thing. Might not hurt to pull it for inspection and cleaning if needed.
mesh filter cleaning.jpg
And while you're at it, you can check the flow:
fuel discharge inspection.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts