Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my two brother's racing slip-on this past week and wow, does it sound good. I'm very happy with it. I made a little how-to on the process and also added some video clips of before and after. I figured I would post the link here for anyone interested in doing it for themselves.

http://www.wootbike.com/articles.php?article_id=5

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the TBR cult  ;D I've been really happy with mine.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
i've never heard the TBR pipe in person, looks good, put some shoes on too ;D
Well, make sure you get yer butt to the 06 rally then. Or if you come to the next N.E. Rally, I'll make sure I get out there. And just why would I want to wear shoes? I'm sitting in front of a computer on a rainy Sunday morning drinking coffee.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
MagpieTear said:
Well, make sure you get yer butt to the 06 rally then. Or if you come to the next N.E. Rally, I'll make sure I get out there. And just why would I want to wear shoes? I'm sitting in front of a computer on a rainy Sunday morning drinking coffee.
damn you shaun, it's raining here too :mad:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sounds great man, better than the open exhaust. Nice write up with the video links as well.

If I may add one word of advice I've learned from others....Place a piece of carboard or something between the exhaust pipe and the swingarm when you begin to cut as the blade may contact the swingarm or the rear brake arm.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
damn you shaun, it's raining here too :mad:

Like that's somehow my fault? More likely caused by a Harley Rider than a fellow SV'er.

Back on topic, I just wish TBR had a can that was all the same stainless as their mid pipe. It's getting that nice amber tint to it, and the aluminum ends of the can are so silver they look white in comparision

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thejimdaddy said:
i've never heard the TBR pipe in person, looks good, put some shoes on too ;D
haha, it was over 100 degrees outside when I was installing that ;)

good idea on the cardboard. I did mark up the heel gaurd a tad when doing the cutting, but nothing severe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great! Sounds even better! I have the c5 version
I noticed on your last picture you have the can clamp end on either side of the foot peg, does the instructions say to mount it that way? I managed to get mine to meet up then mounted them together on the outside of footpeg. I had to massage the clamp a little cause I had a oval shape to form the clamp to. Much tighter when I was done.

SportSV

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think it specified how to clamp it and that was the first way that popped into my mind so I didn't give it anymore though. I know it's REALLY snug like that though so I don't think I could get the ends back together to mount them both on the same side.

The more I ride my bike with the exhaust, the more I love it. It sounds awesome and I've already gotten quite a few compliments on it from total strangers. :) Some guy today asked me what size the bike was and when i told him 650 his jaw dropped. I guess he's used to the high pitch of the I-4s ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts