Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fellow SV Rider crash his 2004 SV650 naked and slightly bent his forks...

I have stands and tools, so I helped him take the forks off the bike to have them straighten... $80.00 and 1 hour later the forks were fixed...

We install them, and everything was good until we tighten the axle...

:eek: we broke the tabs on the speedo sensor.

I told him: "do not worry... I have one off my 2006..."

Well Today I got the sensor and we installed a bit more carefully...

Now the bike reads the speed twice as fast... ;D I told him I will not charge him for the superb performance... I think the bike would easily do 230mph!!!

I want to take a video of the 200+ mph SV650!!!! :nana: His SV is faster than your Gixxer... Bioch!!!

I wonder if it will pull more than 350 KPH... Ghost Rider has nothing on this SV650!!! Nothing!!! LOL

....Anyways... Anyone has a 2003-2004 Speed sensor they want to part with?

Luis

·
Registered
982 Posts
If it is twice as fast, it's 110 or 120 percent off. :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
The speedometer rotors are different between 2003-2004 and 2005-up. On the older models there are 4 magnets inside the rotor and in the later models their are 8. Replace the speedo rotor with the correct one and you are in business.

Or you could change the gauge assembly with an 05 up one. ;)

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I thought you couldn't straighten bent fork tubes...

·
Banned
296 Posts
I actually have a brand new one that I didn't need still in the bubble wrap for an 03 - rotor and sensor with cable.

Make a reasonable offer - $17 as above is just for the rotor I'm sure. I have reciept for $100 (discounted) from dealer but can't return it b/c a friend owns the shop.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
I also have just the magnetic rotor available (4 pole) still in the package. I'll do $15 shipped

PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I thought you couldn't straighten bent fork tubes...
I used to do it all the time at the one small shop I worked at back around 2001. It's tedious, but you can get them pretty straight with patience, a press, and a good dial indicator.

·
Registered
683 Posts
rotor: $17.55

speed sensor assembly: $107.18

I'd say DanByers rotor is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yeah, I laugh my ass off too every time some hack butchers another person's ride... that is why I find motorcycle dealers a laugh riot! Rivals Disneyland as the happiest place on earth!

·
Registered
308 Posts
The speedometer rotors are different between 2003-2004 and 2005-up. On the older models there are 4 magnets inside the rotor and in the later models their are 8. Replace the speedo rotor with the correct one and you are in business.

Or you could change the gauge assembly with an 05 up one. ;)
does this mean you can just take out four of the magnets. unless that would destroy it. twice as many magnets would explain twice as fast.

·
Registered
856 Posts
wow ,straightening fork tubes,that would kind of haunt me,how far did they need to be straightened? how do you decide if they're to bent
,i guess creases in the metal end it ? how much are new tubes?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts