Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Lockhart phillips mini stalk turn signals on the front and rear of my 05 SVs. Everything is hooked up correctly, but when I turn them on they blink at the normal rate (factory) for few blinks (10 to 15 seconds) then start to blink fast. Any ideas why and how to correct from someone who knows about electrical stuff????

N

·
0 Posts
I'm not familiar with the specific product, but aftermarket turn sigs usually blink faster because they use a lower wattage bulb. You may be able to replace the bulb with one of the stock wattage; it'll provide more light but will also generate more heat which could torch your shiny-new turn signals.

The two time-worn formulas you need to figure out the value of the resistor required are:

P=IE, where P = watts, I = amps and E = volts

and:

E=IR, where E = volts, I = amps and R = resistance.

You know P (in this case, the difference in wattage between the two bulbs), you know E (12 volts) so you can derive I easily. Plug the numbers into the second formula and solve for R.

You could also measure the resistance of each bulb and buy resistors equal to the difference between the two.

:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Adding a 10 ohm 10 watt resistor in PARALLEL (one side connected somewhere on the negative wire and the other side connected to the positive wire) will fix the problem. One resistor per turn signal, obviously.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts