Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 sv650. I recently purchased it from someone, and didn't notice this prior. It seems the turn indicators won't activate with the switch, but the hazards will blink just fine. I also noticed the horn button on the left hand switches also not working. The other switches for headlights and pass light work just fine. I've been doing a lot of reading and can not figure out the cause. Thank you in advance.

·
very big dumb
9,102 Posts
id suspect the left hand switch (either the wiring, connector, or the buttons). they're cheap enough to try swapping and replacing it takes like 5 minutes... either that or fuse...

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
I would take apart the switch and clean up the contacts as a first step if you don't have a test light or multimeter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will go ahead and clean up the switch. I do have a multimeter is there somewhere in the switch I need to test or is in the first wire harness the best place?

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
You can start testing anywhere you like so long as you know what a good result is vs a bad result. But the switch is an easy to access, logical place to start since it's a built-in break in the circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts