Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I came across some pictures of a guy that had made a tubular single sided swing arm for him bike... It went real well with the tubular (ish) frame. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had seen these pictures and if so do you remember where? (totally forgot)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Probably more like a Spondon single-sider. I remember the last thread about fitting a VFR single-sider, but I've never seen a tubular one for an SV.

A mere £1700UK ($2500?)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
That's almost certainyl a Spondon... Worth as much as the bike :) Lovely though, fits the SV better than any other swingarm swap. If you want to go some of the way, they can do a braced tubular "banana" arm for £800. Or Speedfab will build somethins similiar using oval tubes (to match the SV frame) for £900.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
ShaggyZ said:
Seriously, that's just poor form to post that and not say anything else :mad:

:p
Dude .. I dont know anything else about it.

Guy asked for a picture .. I gave him a picture.

My guess is Spondon as well ... but its just a guess.

Although I ended up using a VFR SSSA for my project, this tubular item is by far the nicest looking and most appropriate arm for a first gen. frame. I've never seen another besides this pic ... and I think I have a picture of every SV with a SSSA ever taken.

·
Registered
149 Posts
RD350 said:
Dude .. I dont know anything else about it. 

Guy asked for a picture .. I gave him a picture.

My guess is Spondon as well ... but its just a guess.

Although I ended up using a VFR SSSA for my project, this tubular item is by far the nicest looking and most appropriate arm for a first gen. frame.   I've never seen another besides this pic ... and I think I have a picture of every SV with a SSSA ever taken. 
I was just giving you crap because I thought it was yours. All's good.

How far off is the shock mounting postion forH onda VFR 750 RC 36 from 1990-1992 comapred to the SV650?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts