Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the LED flasher relay topic has been thoroughly explored, but I have come up with nothing using the search on anything TST industries. I see they make a plug and play LED flasher relay:

http://tstindustries.com/product.php?productid=17557&cat=268&page=1

Is there anyone out there using this relay or any similar type of plug and play led flasher relay fix? And before you say "WHY DONT YOU DO THIS INSTEAD", let's just remember to stay on topic, I know where to find other relay info. Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
That is a nice plug-n-play solution. No mucking around with load resistors.

You can save a few buck by crimping in an off the shelf electronic flasher, but for $24.50, easy clean install, I'd buy it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a nice plug-n-play solution. No mucking around with load resistors.

You can save a few buck by crimping in an off the shelf electronic flasher, but for $24.50, easy clean install, I'd buy it. :thumbsup:
:eek:ccasion14:
Thank's for the input

There's some even cheaper ones on ebay for about $10 less I may try out also.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
I agree with Tee, I had mine wired with a normal car flasher at first but it was always in the way and got damaged in a wreck. I upgraded to a plug-n-play unit and it is much cleaner. Especially now that you can get the plug-n-plays for about the same price as rigging up a standard auto flasher.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with Tee, I had mine wired with a normal car flasher at first but it was always in the way and got damaged in a wreck. I upgraded to a plug-n-play unit and it is much cleaner. Especially now that you can get the plug-n-plays for about the same price as rigging up a standard auto flasher.
TST or some no-name brand/ebay unit?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I agree with Tee, I had mine wired with a normal car flasher at first but it was always in the way
I put velcro on my module and my rear frame...stuck it in one place and it hasn't moved a bit. PNP is much easier, but at half the price, I'm happy with the electronic flasher module I have.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
TST or some no-name brand/ebay unit?
It was some no name brad, works fine though.

I put velcro on my module and my rear frame...stuck it in one place and it hasn't moved a bit. PNP is much easier, but at half the price, I'm happy with the electronic flasher module I have.
The electronic flasher is what I did the first time for the same exact reason it was half the price. ~$10 for the relay and a couple bucks for the connectors so I didn't have to cut my stock wire harness. The PNP are much cheaper now, I got mine for around $16 shipped, they sold for $40 when I did the first relay mod.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to try one of the cheap no name ones off of ebay. I'll let you know how it goes

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, so I bought the cheap no-name Chinese unit off of ebay for about $17. Got it in the mail, put in in the bike. The flasher timing was right, but when the signals illuminate, the bulbs are dim and flicker, along with a quick flicker when they first illuminate. Needless to say I was not happy.

I got my money back and decided to spend $24.95 on the TST unit. Got it in the mail quickly in a nice box with bubble wrap (instead of an envelope) and a cool TST catalog (with a SV race bike on the front!). The relay itself has the TST logo part of the top cover, separating itself from the cheap Chinese units. Plugged it in, tested it, and all I can say is wow this thing is the real deal. Works like like the stock flasher, a real solution to LED signals. Lights are bright, no flicker, timing is perfect. Buy this relay!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just ordered mine from them. We will see if they work with my rizomas.
I'm interested to hear how they work with your Rizoma's. I've got Zero 11's and the relays I've gotten off of ebay have given me the same effect, no flashing, just a constant on dim light.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm interested to hear how they work with your Rizoma's. I've got Zero 11's and the relays I've gotten off of ebay have given me the same effect, no flashing, just a constant on dim light.
Update: I've installed the front two Rizomas along with the TST relay and it works like it was stock.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've installed the rear turn signals today, so now all 4 have been installed in conjunction with the TST Industries relay. I'm happy to say everything works well.

·
Registered
172 Posts
They worked my Rizomas, but the indicators on the panel do a weird fade-out for the side that's flashing, but the signals themselves work fine. Adding a resistor to either side fixes it, but It's not really bothersome so I keep the resistors off.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Weird. I actually didn't check the turn signal light on the dash... I'll check that tonight and get back.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'll try to get a video when I get home. Like I said the actual signals seem.to work fine so it's a cosmetic issue.

Sent from my SPH-D710

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Slono @Arudinne Any updates??

I installed 3/4 Rizoma Turn 11 Signals last night with resistors and they are currently blinking fast. I don't like the idea of having resistors on the bike which are going to heat up, so I'm looking at this solution or just wiring up an electronic 2/3-pin one from Autozone.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If I use 4 resistors that the rizomas included per side it resolves the issue with the dash light. The TST relay flashes the turn signals properly regardless. Perhaps there's a capacitor in the gauge cluster.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts