Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blue 2002 SVS and I am considering the holeshot exhaust. I see the black one on Burncycle's bike and it is awesome. I just cant decide. So help me. I think it would look cool to have a black background but chrome coming through in flame designs going backwards!

P.S. Burncycle: is that a removable badge on the side of the exhaust? I do not like much advertising on my bike and that is what is leading me away from the black.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Chrome

s3rous,

They both look good! Why don't you ask Dale if he'll leave off the badge when they build it for you.

I have the chrome and it looks great. I think the black may be cool to the touch even when the bike is runnin', so that's a plus. Let us know what you decide on.

-cos

·
Registered
3 Posts
The badge looks to be held on by two rivets. Removing it would mean you'd have a couple small holes in the can. The badge would be less noticeable on the chrome can though. It all comes down to personal preference.

Since Holeshot is mostly only know in the Suzuki crowd (in regards to aftermarket exhausts) I don't mind having the badging on there. I get together with a lot of groups and the exhaust always get attention from someone wanting to know what it is.

Yosh, Akra, Micron, 2BR are all excellent pipes but since they make pipes for just about every bike out there chances are someone already has one. Dale is also very personable, if you have issues or questions you can go directly to him. Try doing that with a company like Yosh.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cops posted that he thought the black holeshot would be cool to the touch even with the bike running.
can anyone else verify this? because if it is, I'm all over it.
thats whats leading towards a Ti system (i.e. micron)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re:

\" \" said:
Try doing that with a company like Yosh.
To be fair, Yosh is extremely acessible to it's customers. (to my surprise) The folks manning the tech support/info lines are very helpful and knowledgeable about their products. You'd never guess it by looking at their ultra corporate looking website, but I found them to be just as \"people friendly\" as any smaller operation.

FWIW.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re:

cops posted that he thought the black holeshot would be cool to the touch even with the bike running.
can anyone else verify this? because if it is, I'm all over it.
thats whats leading towards a Ti system (i.e. micron)
I don't know for 100% sure, but I would tend to doubt it. The aluminum Holeshot does run much cooler than the stock exhaust, I'm assuming this is because there is so little restriction that the hot air mostly blows right through instead of building up pressure and heating up the inside the can.

Cool to the touch would be a major stretch, but if you start it from cold, run it for a minute, and shut it off, the pipe will be hotter than hell while the muffler is only a little warm. I'm not brave enough to feel it after a real ride.

·
Registered
235 Posts
How hot is the can

I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I just relaying what I've read in many posts on different boards concerning carbon fiber skinned aftermarket mufflers. Many owners report that the outside stays relatively cool, so if a passengers ankle were to come into contact with the can they'd feel warmth, but not get burned.

Ask Dale to be sure.

-cos

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I would like a muffler with the same silver as the frame. The SV1000 has cool cans like that. And they're easy to disassemble. I thought about trying to hook get my friend's extra can for my bike.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
ShaggyZ said:
I would like a muffler with the same silver as the frame.  The SV1000 has cool cans like that. And they're easy to disassemble. I thought about trying to hook get my friend's extra can for my bike.
Ya know...eh I wont.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a black holeshot on my 02 svs, and even after running around for an hour, i can get off the bike, place my hand squarely on the can, and it is warm to the touch...but not hot enough to harm my hand.....its warm....almost hot....but doesnt harm my hand.......for what it's worth

its not a CF can....its powdercoated black

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the HIGH-MOUNT BLACK Holeshot and it's so sexy and sounds mean as... you couldn't get any better than that... plus the price is right and Dale is a really helpful/cool guy to deal with on anything. Seems like a pretty straight forward decision from my POV. ;D

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not trying to be an ahole or smartass but I wanted to point out that the non powder coated can isn't chrome, it's polished aluminum.

Top notch product. I had the black p/c high mount on my SV and just bought a new Holeshot for my new Bandit.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
vtwinheaven said:
I'm not trying to be an ahole or smartass but I wanted to point out that the non powder coated can isn't chrome, it's polished aluminum.
Take that, s3rous!!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Either way, cold or hot, on the blue, I think the black pipe is by far nicer looking! 8)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Humm let me think about this one for a bit.........

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
I see a line of cars and they?re all painted black
With flowers and my love both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens ev?ry day
I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and it has been painted black
Maybe then I?ll fade away and not have to face the facts
It?s not easy facin? up when your whole world is black

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the settin? sun
My love will laugh with me before the mornin? comes

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes
Hmm, hmm, hmm,...
I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
Yeah!............

Yeah I think you should go with black, ladies always love a big black can. ;)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
just spray the holeshot badge black and you will have a stealth relief type logo. might look cool??

·
Registered
401 Posts
i have a blue naked model and am leaning towards the black can because everybody seems to have chrome or polished aluminum exhaust- black would stand out more.........to SPEEDYBOY how do you like the corbin seat and is it running well with that jet and airbox/exhaust set up.....i am running 3/4 tank spacers and have removed the foam pad from under tank, currently have gutted stock can but saving for black holeshot can, was going to do snorkelectemy and rejet once i have everything 8)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Curvey,

Yes, yes and yes... I do like the corbin seat, it 'cups' your ass and helps to hold you in place when you're flying around 20mph marked corners at ~60mph... it's also comfortable on freeway rides that last a long time... when I first fitted it I hated it but now I've riden with it I'd never go back...

I've desnorkled my airbox and all that jazz (jet kit, pipe, etc) the bike sounds and runs 10x better in my opinion (although the performance gain is probably more like 0.2 times better if that)... I've learnt lots about the bike in the process and it's a blast... I fitted my carbin fibre rear hugger the other week and it looks kick-ass...

Sorry if this is an unrelated post but IDGAS and I'm just responding to Curvey here...

BTW I still think the black highmount is the shizzle... ;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts