Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a product that substitutes the passenger seat with a lockable trunk? I've seen the plastic/metal covers for the seat and the collapsible tail bags that attached to the seat. What I'm looking for is something that would attach just like the seat but would open into a fully enclosed storage area.
I've "searched" the forum but didn't find anything like this.

·
Registered
748 Posts
In europe you can get a unit that replaces the rear seat with a topcase mount (I know it on here somewhere) but it seems like you can easily buy a used passenger seat and mount a plate to the pan. The closest thing I can think of to what you are asking about is the Corbin Smuggler Trunk. Go here and scroll through the pics on the right till you see the blue rear seat replacement trunk thing. http://corbin.com/suzuki/sv650.shtml

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Corbin Smuggler is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately it is only available for 2004 and later. I have a 2003. Dang Nab It!

Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
153 Posts
that is a sweet looking trunk! Too bad its too expensive for me lol.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Your cheapest option is do what was already mentioned. Pick up a used rear seat (either on this site or ebay) and buy a top box like one from JC Whitney. Then you could mount the plate for the box onto the seat, then swap out the top box/seat combo with a regular seat when you wanted to carry a passenger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts