Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go to the rally next year. and its a bit off a haul from nj. also my girl friend wants to come so i need some way of getting all our $h!t and us down on my sv. so yah lets see some options and maybe so pictures. Thanx Jess

·
Registered
571 Posts
i don't know the guys name, but someone here has pics of their bike with givi side bags and a top case if i'm not mistaken. i'm not sure how a passenger would fit with the side bags though. but i'm sure he can answer that for you.

i'm sure other people will be going to the rally from your area. if you can't fit everything you need on the bike why not see about getting someone that is trailering down to carry the extra for you. it is a little early to plan for that circumstance but i'm pretty sure some people did that this year.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I've heard of people that do long rides will ship their stuff to the next days stop by Greyhound bus. So they can ride light, but have all of their stuff when they get there. :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jimmie said:
I've heard of people that do long rides will ship their stuff to the next days stop by Greyhound bus. So they can ride light, but have all of their stuff when they get there. :)
meh thats lame. then where am i gonna put all those little oval stickers that have the state initials??

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
B.a. said:
I want to go to the rally next year. and its a bit off a haul from nj. also my girl friend wants to come so i need some way of getting all our $h!t and us down on my sv. so yah lets see some options and maybe so pictures. Thanx Jess
What you do is sweet talk out N.J. Mod into putting yer $h!t in the bed of his truck to cushion his VFR when he hauls it down to the rally. Then all you need to carry if you insist on riding down is one change of clothes, raingear, Anti-monkey butt powder, snacks and cash. That stuff can fit in a tankbag...

Shultz, were you refering to the my pic with the Cortechs? I've never carried a passenger on my SV, but I would imagine it wound be a bit cramped for the passenger with them installed

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MagpieTear said:
What you do is sweet talk out N.J. Mod into putting yer $h!t in the bed of his truck to cushion his VFR when he hauls it down to the rally. Then all you need to carry if you insist on riding down is one change of clothes, raingear, Anti-monkey butt powder, snacks and cash. That stuff can fit in a tankbag...

Shultz, were you refering to the my pic with the Cortechs? I've never carried a passenger on my SV, but I would imagine it wound be a bit cramped for the passenger with them installed
actualy thats not a bad idea. ;D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MagpieTear said:
I'm not quite as dumb as most of my posts make me out to be   ;D
haha no not at all. :p

·
Registered
94 Posts
B.a. said:
I want to go to the rally next year.  and its a bit off a haul from nj.  also my girl friend wants to come so i need some way of getting all our $h!t and us down on my sv.  so yah lets see some options and maybe so pictures.  Thanx Jess

Givi cases are really nice. Lockable, waterproof, easy to remove (about 10 seconds). They are a bit pricey though. I got the top case. Would have preferred side cases, but was too much $$.

Here are pics of the case on the bike and off: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeq63b3/sitename/

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dtownmtb said:
Givi cases are really nice. Lockable, waterproof, easy to remove (about 10 seconds). They are a bit pricey though. I got the top case. Would have preferred side cases, but was too much $$.

Here are pics of the case on the bike and off:  http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeq63b3/sitename/
ever ride two up with it on??

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i need this for 2 up though Gahdzilla

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gahdzila said:
ahhhh...sorry.  maybe next time I'll try reading the whole thread before I throw my 2 cents in  :-[
its ok thats a god idea though might have to try that for when i'm by my self. what did that cost you?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
B.a. said:
its ok thats a god idea though might have to try that for when i'm by my self.  what did that cost you?
trunk (came with mounting plate and some bolts) was $60 at JC Whitney. Used rear seat was $30 shipped, IIRC. You may be able to find one with a rip in it for cheaper (I thought I would use it with the cover and cushion, but I found that it is much sturdier to remove them). Couple of bucks for some extra nuts and bolts and locktite. A little over $90 total...less than $100.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
much cheaper than the luggage locker. although not as nice looking but my view on it is form should follow function.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts