Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, in an earlier thread I mentioned my trouble of trying to get my bike running after 9 weeks of neglect (broken ankle). after installing a new battery and jump starting the bike i got it running, but in the process filled my whole backyard with smoke.
I let it run for about 20 minutes buy refrained from riding it as a precaution. is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Is it normal for the bike to smoke so much to fill your backyard? No, that's not normal.
Letting it run for about 20minutes isn't normal either. If you thought you were charging the battery, it didn't accomplish much.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Did the engine smoke for the entire 20min? Why did you have to jump if you installed a new battery, or did I read that wrong? I would have ridden the bike instead of let idling for 20min. Check the oil level and go for a ride. Perhaps a bit of oil seepage into the cylinders or condensation buildup in the exhaust. What color was the smoke?

Did your bike need the oil topped up between oil changes before your short storage? Check the coolant reservoir level as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts