Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a naked 03 sv650. Lately I have noticed trouble shifting into neutral. I feel like the shifter is very notchy. If I try to go from 1st to neutral, the shifter has resistance on it and then if I apply a little more pressure it will just go into 2nd. Same thing if I try to go from 2nd to nuetral. This will only happen sometimes. When this happens, I just put it in first, go for a little ride and when I get back it goes into neutral fine. I am new to bikes and I don't know why this is happening. I have new oil in it-- rotella synthetic 5 w40. I have also noticed from time to time that the shifter feels notchy before it goes into gear. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
i have the same bike, just faired. it is very difficult for me to shift into neutral. a little bit easier to tap into neutral from second though. the same exact thing for mine though. even after riding for a while and motor being warm and oil at temp it is near impossible to shift into it.

wrong oil and too cold maybe? i'm not sure.

i'd like to hear some possibilities too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yay, I'm not the only one! Just kidding man. Really though, I hope someone can help us out with this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts