Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having trouble finding anything aftermarket for my bike besides on ebay. anybody know and good websites? i have an 01 sv 650s. all the parts i find are only for the 650s, no 650s. will those parts work for the s. for example i want to buy a delkevic can exhaust. they dont have it for the 2001, only 02 and up. will it work for my bike? thanks
any help is appreciated

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Any can for a '99-02 will work on your bike. Doesn't matter if it's for a N or S model. Parts for a '03-09 SV will not fit on your bike. The only part differences between the N and S model would be for the front end headlight and bars and front plastics and maybe triple clamps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i am having trouble finding anything aftermarket for my bike besides on ebay. anybody know and good websites? i have an 01 sv 650s. all the parts i find are only for the 650s, no 650s. will those parts work for the s. for example i want to buy a delkevic can exhaust. they dont have it for the 2001, only 02 and up. will it work for my bike? thanks
any help is appreciated
Take a look in this thread about 2nd gen exhausts on 1st gens. Seems like the exhaust pipes are about the same for installing the slip on but the mounting hardware is oriented differently and MAY be very close the swing arm.

If you have experience with the process you MAY be able to fit a 2nd gen slip on to your 1st gen. I think it depends a lot on what exhaust and how you intend to mount it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also the main part i was looking for is the re jet kit couldnt find one my local dealer has it for 90? is that a good price or should i order offline? also rear flush mount blinkers. i saw an sv with them. they look like flush mount blinkers on the front just turned upside down?

·
Registered
426 Posts
also the main part i was looking for is the re jet kit couldnt find one my local dealer has it for 90? is that a good price or should i order offline? also rear flush mount blinkers. i saw an sv with them. they look like flush mount blinkers on the front just turned upside down?
Flush mount blinkers come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. If they are going on your tail, pick some you like and make them fit... be creative, use your stock mounting points, or make a bracket out of sheet metal, or drill your tail section... sky is the limit. Customize to your taste, you can get some inspiration from some past and current SVs of the month.

p.s. I replied to your other thread re: jet kit.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Lockhart Phillips is an aftermarket company with a very thick catalog of parts. Even if the app is not for a SV, you can adapt as was already mentioned. They have pages of turn signals to choose from. Also depends upon how much you're willing to spend.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had a lot of luck ordering from bikebandit.com. They have an insane inventory and they ship quickly. As far as the delkevic slip-on, I ordered mine straight from their website (delkevic.us/) and you can just plug in your bike information and it will direct you to the cans that will fit. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts