Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to start a log of rides and bike stuff. Probably pictures mostly with a few words, I'm too lazy to type.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Plant

Got my bike from the dealer on Tuesday 2022-07-26.
Had to rack up some Kilometers quickly because I had a trip planed on 1st of August and wanted to do the first service before it.
With a few early morning rides, first service was done on Friday 2022-07-30. A bit exhausting when you have to work after those rides.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

2022-07-31 evening.
Bike ready for the morning trip. Tailbag is Kriega US-40 Rackpack, fit much better than I thought and is quite compact but can be expanded to 40L, tankbag some cheap oxford with magnets.
World Map Atlas Parallel

Twisty roads all the way from home to the seaside, life is good.
Tire Land vehicle Sky Wheel Vehicle

Picture from Lake Skadar, (the only one from the whole trip)
In 7h of riding, two 5min fuel stops, one lunch break and 2min for a picture.(Who said gen3 seat is uncomfortable?)
3L water bladder, full of ice in my backpack saved the day. I had cold drinking water on tap, and helps to spray yourself when it's almost 40C.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

For the next few days, bike was collecting dust.
Water Sky Cloud Tree Natural landscape

And I was collecting myself

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's really nice, especially Montenegro, but after living here and passing many times, you start taking it for granted. The reason I have no photos of it :)
Bad quality streetview will have to do.
Sky Mountain Plant Ecoregion Slope

These are kind of roads for the first 50-100Km. Hills around mountains Goch and Kopaonik, full of conifers and deciduous trees.
After this part, road follows river Ibar and it's wide 2 lane road. Some nice curves, but you need to push your luck to make it interesting, especially because of heavy traffic.
Sky Cloud Highland Mountain Plant

A few Km after Serbia-Montenegro Border, near town of Rozaje. Nice roads, even nicer views.
Sky Plant Cloud Road surface Tree

120Km from the border. Still nice road near Mojkovac.
Mojkovac is small town in the north of MNE, known for one of the oldest mines and coin mints in the balkans from XIII century.
And mostly known for the Battle of Mojkovac in WWI. Read about it.
Cloud Sky Mountain Car Natural landscape

Plant Mountain Sky Road surface Asphalt
Sky Mountain Plant Infrastructure Natural landscape

These are photos of the notorious Canyon Moracha road. It's considered as one of the most dangerous roads here.
Nothing inherently bad with the road. But when you have lot's of tourists going to vacation, exhausted from driving and heat, add to that some crazy bus and truck drivers. And It's a recipe for a disaster.
But as of 2022, It's offloaded by the new highway and really nice to ride.
After Moraca, you pass through the 50C heat of MNE capitol Podgorica (or pass out), and get to Skadar Lake(previous post)
Sky Mountain Vehicle Plant Car

After Skadar Lake, you pass through 5Km tunnel through the hills on the left side of the photo and you're basically at the coast.
You can see the beach in the photo, just above the car. And on the hill above the bus is some XV century fortress.

And that'sMontenegro. Mountains and hills everywhere, with lots of history, old fortresses, monasteries... And restaurants and taverns every few Km

· Registered
918 Posts
It's really nice, especially Montenegro, but after living here and passing many times, you start taking it for granted. The reason I have no photos of it :)
Bad quality streetview will have to do.
View attachment 62826
These are kind of roads for the first 50-100Km. Hills around mountains Goch and Kopaonik, full of conifers and deciduous trees.
After this part, road follows river Ibar and it's wide 2 lane road. Some nice curves, but you need to push your luck to make it interesting, especially because of heavy traffic.
View attachment 62827
A few Km after Serbia-Montenegro Border, near town of Rozaje. Nice roads, even nicer views.
View attachment 62828
120Km from the border. Still nice road near Mojkovac.
Mojkovac is small town in the north of MNE, known for one of the oldest mines and coin mints in the balkans from XIII century.
And mostly known for the Battle of Mojkovac in WWI. Read about it.
View attachment 62829
View attachment 62830 View attachment 62831

These are photos of the notorious Canyon Moracha road. It's considered as one of the most dangerous roads here.
Nothing inherently bad with the road. But when you have lot's of tourists going to vacation, exhausted from driving and heat, add to that some crazy bus and truck drivers. And It's a recipe for a disaster.
But as of 2022, It's offloaded by the new highway and really nice to ride.
After Moraca, you pass through the 50C heat of MNE capitol Podgorica (or pass out), and get to Skadar Lake(previous post)
View attachment 62833
After Skadar Lake, you pass through 5Km tunnel through the hills on the left side of the photo and you're basically at the coast.
You can see the beach in the photo, just above the car. And on the hill above the bus is some XV century fortress.

And that'sMontenegro. Mountains and hills everywhere, with lots of history, old fortresses, monasteries... And restaurants and taverns every few Km
Looks similar to some of the roads we have in CA. Too many of our beautiful route have been tarnished by fire, sad.
Thanks for sharing!

· Registered
2013 Gladius in need of serious TLC. 2017 CF Moto 650MT, 1960 Motobi 175 under restoration.
75 Posts
Going up and at the top of the Petit St Bernard pass, in June! on the way back from the Mugello MotoGP
Cloud Sky Mountain Asphalt Road surface
Tire Cloud Sky Wheel Mountain

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While waiting for the nicer weather I got an idea for a bag placement.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

I'm thinking of making a custom bag or at least modifying existing one for the loop placements. The loops will be zip tied with a few high strength zip ties around the frame, should be secure enough if the bag is semi-rigid. I think the right side could fit 8-10l bag. Left side is a bit problematic with rad hose sticking out, I'll probably fit some smaller bag like toolbag or similar.
The pictures are test fit with some random bags.

Am I just being crazy with this idea, did anyone do something similar?

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I made a quick scan of the right side of the bike. Easier to get the idea for the shape of the bag like this.

Jaw Natural material Fashion accessory Art Pattern

It's rough but the general shape is there.

Automotive design Sleeve Font Personal protective equipment Electric blue
Automotive design Font Personal protective equipment Electric blue Sportswear

Same shape with bulge on the side for the version on the right. 9.2L vs 10.3L in capacity

Natural material Fashion accessory Electric blue Event Animal product
Sleeve Water Font Rectangle Elbow

I think leg space shouldn't be a problem with placement like this.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I do 3d modeling for a living so this all took about an hour. And my mother has a sewing machine, she could help with the bag.

There isn't anything off the shelf that I could find. It's an odd shape, I don't think anyone would be bothered making it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts