Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could help. Once I get home, I am planning to take off the triple tree to install the Vortex 41mm Clip Ons and wanted to know if taking the triple tree off:

is it difficult?

when I use the 30mm socket do i need a torque measure when putting the middle bolt back on?

if you could help that would be great...thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
You should just slide the fork down and slip on the the clip on one at a time. With the front of the bike in the air off course.

However I think the vortex clip on comes apart in two pieces so you might not even have to do that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just recently put Vortex Clip Ons on mine and did not have to take the triple tree off. They indeed came into two parts and installed easily! The only issue was the clutch cable and brake line, but those nicely fit behind my headlight.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I tried the Vortex clipons a year ago and mine were not two part and necessitated the removal of the top tree. So, by the sounds of it, it may depend on what type you have. If you need to remove the top tree, its not difficult at all, and I recommend using a torque wrench on all the bolts you removed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pics please??? Probably my next mod

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of your responses were very helpful. Yeah, unfortunately I bought the Vortex clip ons that did not come apart and I took off the triple. Which was very easy to take off but a little tricky to put back on. Yet, all in all I got it to work. Thanks guys...also i am going to by some spray paint to paint the old brackets to black.

Thanks again guys...oh another question! Has anyone ever used the megaphone exhaust on their gladius?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts