Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today went on a day run to the coast. I decided to take hwy 34 from Corvallis to Waldport because it has some very nice twisties. I have some travel to get there, but that wasn't a problem as there was light traffic. I lucked out on the traffic part as once I took the split of hwy 20, I had hwy 34 to my self.

I was happily going down the road when I saw something that looks like a small mammal up a head. As I got closer I saw it wasn't a mammal, but a bird. When I got closer I saw it was a turkey! Grrr, I waved my fist at it as where was this turkey when I was going turkey hunting!! So I passed the turkey and kept riding. Guess karma of bird hunting caught up with me as a pair of little birds flew out just before I passed them. The lead bird I knew I was going to miss, but the last bird I was sure if he kept going on his path I would hit. Luckly the last bird changed course at the last second, or perhaps a nanosecond to late as I felt its wing brush against my leg.

After brushing that experience off, I set forth to the first group of turns. This group consist of about 10 or so tight turns in pretty tight order. This was the first time I had the chance to take on these turns with no one in front or behind me. I could take them at the pace I wanted. I kept my speed calm and tried to practice the right techneque in cornering. I wasn't always perfect, but I can say when you do it right you know it.

After the first group of tight turns comes the intersection to Mary's Peak State Park. I have driven/riden past this part many times and have heard it was a great ride to go on, but to this date never have. So I decided to change that. I took the turn.

There is a little park right off the hwy that I stopped for a little rest. Figured stretch my legs and take a break before attempting this run.

Here is the picture of the starting point to Mary's Peak.

The road to the top is a narrow two lane road. All though it is fairly well maintained but was covered in small gravel that made the road act like it was slick. Never the less it was an enjoyable ride up. Along the way found a nice photo shot by a water fall.

Then it was to the top. Well, the parking lot at the top where you can then take the trails to the actual top :)

On the way back down, stopped again for another photo op

Then it was back to the hwy and continuing my ride to the coast. Once again I found my self alone and all the twisties to my self. I found this to be very relaxing and noticed that the bike and I seemed to glide down the road. Don't know anyway other way to describe it. At the end of the hwy I reached my destination, the coast.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice pictures! Hopefully they get all the sand cleared off the Peak road soon. I haven't been up there since I was little and that needs to change.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts