Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an article on a device called the TRE from Ivan's performance, is it a worth while addition to help power gains.

Chet

·
Registered
683 Posts
who's Tre? Is he selling an SV?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
unless something has changed, all the tre does is fool the computer into thinking that the bike is in 5th gear. so to answer your question about power gains, yes and no, depending on the gear.

i'm just curious is the sv has the timing retarded in lower gears...

S

·
0 Posts
The timing is retarded in all the lower gears, yes, but only in the first 1/2 throttle opening. Crank it wide open and the timing retard is not in effect.

There are many, many threads on this subject. And many people will also tell you that you can make your own for less than $2. The price of Ivan's TRE is very expensive for what it is. The hype on their website is just that... a lot of hype. It's not going to turn your SV into a neck-snapping wheelie machine. Some people will say that you won't actually be able to notice the difference.

nickgreen made a bunch of them for the SV650 and sold them at a reasonable price in this thread. I bought one and found a very slight improvement in throttle response. There is no appreciable boost in power or acceleration. Just a small improvement in throttle smoothness and a little quicker response. If you can get one cheap, or make your own for a few bucks then go for it. Otherwise, take the ~ $100 Ivan is asking and spend it on your suspension.

Check this thread too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts