Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the TRE mod on an '05 SV650. I am pretty sure I did it right. Everything is running fine. From what I read, the idle speed should jump about 300 rpm when the clutch is pulled in while in neutral and the engine is warmed up. I am not getting this. Does this mean I did not do it right?

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Idle won't change. The modification has no effect at idle or at full throttle. I don't remember the throttle positions where it kicks in and out. I have a first generation bike, but the second generation bike should behave the same.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm curious - what instructions did you follow to do the mod?
I've seen many instructions for 1st gen bikes, but not as many for 2nd gen. It seems like there's much more soldering involved in the 2nd gen, or am I wrong?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
andyauger said:
Idle won't change. The modification has no effect at idle or at full throttle. I don't remember the throttle positions where it kicks in and out. I have a first generation bike, but the second generation bike should behave the same.
I was referring to this:

Start the bike..(if it won't start then you have forgotten to reconnect the connector halves, which contains blue wire..neutral saftey switch)
Once bike is warm....pull in the clutch while it's idling. If the rpms rise slightly...say 300rpms the it is working correctly. Your FI light should be off like normal and of course your neutral light should be on.
Mine jumps 50 rpms at best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did mine on Thursday... just took a 15K Ohm resistor and connected the pink + the black&white wire to eachother... Mine jumps maybe a 100 or 200 rpm when I pull the clutch lever in. Even though the difference isnt great, i still feel it... Does anyone know if the watts on the resistor make a difference in this mod (1/4 watt, 1/2 watt or 1 watt)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts