Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so yeah-I've procrastinated and my clutch has been a little off since I purchased my bike, but its ran great sooo.... now its time to do something about it-or at least once the snow flies. So I've started slipping into neutral from 1st and 2nd, it's only happened twice-but I'm pretty sure it will continue from here. I tried adjusting the clutch before but it didnt work-the bike still tries to move forward with the clutch fully engaged. So what do you guys think---yah I've procrastinated on this, but do you think I simply need new clutch plates or could it be the gears? Anyway to check for wear on these parts by simply removing the clutch cover? Thanks.

A

·
0 Posts
Bike moving forward with the clutch engaged is not your gears giving you a problem. Usually a cable adjustment; if not, sticky friction plates could be doing it. How about an oil change, when was the last one? Barring that, you can check the plates - drain the oil (I know some people try to do it with the bike on the sidestand and without draining oil, what a mess). Follow the manual and examine your plates. Replace 'em if you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts