Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever had transmisson problems, say like, noisy gears or problems down shifting. I sometimes miss 2nd and it likes to hit neutral alot. I have almost 4000 miles and I changed the oil at 3000 miles. It just started this noise problem about 400 miles ago. Thanks for any answers

·
Registered
105 Posts
once in awhile I will hit nuetral while up shifting. Its nothing major...sometimes you just need to make sure u give it a firm shift. Other than that..I have had no trans problems. Just make sure u have the correct oil and oil level!

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oil's fine, maybe thinking I have a bent detent or shift fork from street racing, I hope not, since warranty is up and I spent all my money on upgrades and building a ninja for the wife. I was hoping for someone else to have same problem so I know what the worse I could expect. Thanks for all the reply's! :)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Bad #2 shift fork and/or sliding gear. Does it pop out of gear occasionally also?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
depends, if I'm ridin hard and it's hot out, sometimes, but most of the time I don't push up hard enough to engage when I upshift, as far as downshifting, that's when the problems begin. I'm starting to think it has something bent, too. I went out yesterday and I rode like a normal human being (cops out and about), it was normal, so maybe I'm to rough on it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts