Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Absolutely. I was meaning to do it. Couldnt done it without the help!
Just updated it.

Thanks everyone!
- D'Ecosse
- Nexus242
-martin_j001
- wolfchimneyrock
- ziptech800

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did you have to do anything special to get your engine temp to read? Everything on mine works except that - I get "---".

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
It doesn't read until the temp reaches 105 so you have to give it some time. You did insert the sensor into the radiator hose, right?

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Well, if you hooked that up after you hooked up your power source you need to reset the thing for it to pick it up. Hold down the left and center buttons for 5 seconds until you see the display flash once. That should solve it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, if you hooked that up after you hooked up your power source you need to reset the thing for it to pick it up. Hold down the left and center buttons for 5 seconds until you see the display flash once. That should solve it.
Beautiful - I will give that a shot. Thanks!

Edit: Fixed. outstanding- thanks again!

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Good wright up, nice job:rock: !

Has anyone been able to get there tach to actually function and not bounce around?

Yes, I had to use the raptor tach wire with the built in resistor and then tap directly into the coil of the engine and now it works like a charm. I'm not sure if you are asking for an SV or the KTM but I know wiring to the coil directly nets better results then wrapping the plug wire.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was talking about the SV. What is the raptor tach wire with resistor? Do you have a pic of the work you did on this? I am going to use the SV for the track so it would be nice to have a working tach but not really necessary.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Just call Trailtech and tell them you need the raptor tach wire for an SV. They will send you one at no charge. Once you get it you have to hook it up directly to the coil wire.

Here is from when I did it.

Hey, thanks for the info. I ended up using the rear coil negative which is black and it works like a charm A little more time with the multimeter and the wiring diagram was all it took. Oh and a little help from Nexus (thanks). No more erratic tach :D
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks jeopardy, the wire is in the mail.

Just call Trailtech and tell them you need the raptor tach wire for an SV. They will send you one at no charge. Once you get it you have to hook it up directly to the coil wire.

Here is from when I did it.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry for bringing this back from the dead. I tried to get to the .pdf file of the write of the install but the link no longer works.

Can someone please post it up or a link to it? I'm looking to do this to my 00 SV650 that I just picked up yesterday.

Thank you!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts