Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 WR450 SM !

This thing is a monster, I can't wait to uncork this bike and really let her rip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Whats the maint. intervals like? Closer to a dirt bike or the DRZ?

I've been wanting a DRZ but 33hp in a 325lb frame doesn't sound all that great

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
:vroom:

Good find. I am lookng to trade up my DR-Z next season. Good luck with the bike and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maintenance is like the DRZ, but it puts out 48hp after it is uncorked in a 255# suit. I got dirt wheels with it too, so I'm anxious to see how it is off road.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Maintenance is like the DRZ, but it puts out 48hp after it is uncorked in a 255# suit. I got dirt wheels with it too, so I'm anxious to see how it is off road.

Now you're talking, looks like a damn fun bike

don't know how I'd keep my license with a SM

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now you're talking, looks like a damn fun bike

don't know how I'd keep my license with a SM
:D:D:D:D

You learn quick.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Wait, how in the world is the maintenance like the DRZ? I thought you had to check valves like every 1000 miles and change the oil like every 5 hours or something crazy. Also, I'm currently getting my drz built so I'll have 58whp when done and I'm thinking that will make the DRZ a world of fun all over again.

Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted to build my DRZ but it didn't really make sense since I could just get a lighter 450, But 58rwhp is going to be a monster. Is Eddie doing the work?

Before I got the WR, I talked to a guy on Supermoto Junkie who builds WR's. He said oil needs to be changed every 1200-1500 miles and valves should be checked once a season. But, my dad raced a WR off road for 2 years and never had to adjust the valves. It is described as a 450 with DRZ reliability.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I would totally trade my DRZ for a lighter 450 with the same reliability. Can any wr450 be converted to a motard and maintain those specs?

Yes Eddie is doing all the work. BB, stroker, MRD, 41mm fcr, head work, custom cams, new valves etc.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As far as I know, all WR's can be plated. The guy on SMJ who builds them has an 03,06,09, and, 12 that are all supermoto'd.

For what you are spending on all that work from Eddie, you could get do a conversion and have enough left over to uncork it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.