Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I wanted to combine this thread with a little intro about myself... I've owned and raced on an SV before and have a bunch of friends who are absolutely obsessed with SV's. I was referred here by a local SV racer. I'm a co-owner of Boston Moto who provides track-side Pirelli racing tyre support for the Loudon Road Racing Series, and for 2009 we are offering a full trackday schedule as well. We've had tons of support from the crowd at SVRacer.org and I thought why not extend the relationship to the good folks here at SVRider. I do NOT wish to spam the site, but merely offer information on upcoming events... and thoughts / experiences on SV-specific track information such as setup, modifications, etc. We have a bunch of good data and contacts with SV's running Pirelli tyres so I hope to contribute there as well!

In any event, we're having our "kick off" trackday March 16-17 at VIR on the North Course both days. You can visit our website at http://bostonmoto.com for details and our full schedule, or feel free to PM me here.

Our motto is to run a laid-back day with minimal restrictions, however we do offer a beginner course, classroom session and follow the leader for those new to trackdays.

Maybe I'll be able to talk one of our staff who races an SV to help out and offer input here on the forum.

Hope to see some of you at the track in '09!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm also a member of the Boston Moto staff and will be control riding at all of their events. It's sure to be a good time!

Any one with any questions about Boston Moto Track Days, feel free to PM me and I'll got you answers as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks to the mod for putting this in the right place!

A little announcement, if you are interested in suspension tuning help at the March 16&17 event, don't hesitate and reserve a spot now!

"Suspension Help and Advanced Tuning Available at Boston Moto Trackdays!

FACT: The vast majority of trackday riders can benefit greatly from advanced rider training.

FACT: Many many trackday riders never touch their suspension settings and are riding a bike that could be so much better but for some minor adjustments to geometry and suspension components.

Now, with Boston Moto and GMD Computrack New York, you can have BOTH. Boston Moto is offering a small group of attendees at each of our trackdays the chance to spend all day working with Mike Martire of GMD Computrack New York. As well as being a very highly respected long-time instructor at NHMS, Mike is the owner of GMD Computrack New York and he can get your suspension working perfectly for you by observing your bike and riding style where it matters most...on the track right beside you. Plus, he's a great guy to hang out with at the track (he told us to tell you that). You will learn more and benefit more in one day with Mike than you could by going to 10 trackdays and trying to work this stuff out on your own. Suspension settings and motorcycle geometry are confusing at the best of times, let alone during the high-stress environment of a busy day at the track.

Groups of 6 maximum at each event will be given the opportunity to try this new program. The cost is $125 over and above the cost of the trackday. At that price, it's a bargain. Email: [email protected] for more details."

·
Registered
14 Posts
5 days till this event, there is still room in all classes, with intermediate nearing cut off!! $210 / day registration prior to the day of.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's Friday, and we will be rolling out of the bitter Northeast heading for the rolling hills of VIR shortly!!! Much to our delight, the forecast is getting better and better by the minute :D

Anyone who has been waiting till last minute, get your registrations and payments in before the end of Sunday!!!! $210 / day pricing runs through this weekend. Day OF pricing is $235 (however if you show up Monday for both days, the day of pricing will only apply for Monday).

See you guys at VIR!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts