Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Warmers require about 1150 watts per set of warmers. So depending on how many sets you plan to run on your generator you can figure out how many watts you will need. The most popular generator at the track is a Honda EU2000i as the name dictates it is 2000 watts max. You can run two sets of warmers on it but they may not get up to 100% hot with two bikes running on it. The generator is very portable and very quiet. They run about 1200ish new and go very very quickly in the resale market.

For an air compressor, what are you going to be doing with the compressor? For the track I have a little piece of crap rechargeable one since I"m only pumping up a few pounds for tires. At home I have a larger one since I'm filling truck/trailer tires with it and have a few pneumonic tools.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have a champion 2000 watt inverter for race use, comparable to the Honda but a lot less expensive.

Bike pump works just fine for motorcycle tires :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Also have the Champion 2000. AFAIK it's a Yamaha design knockoff. Use it for track and to run full size fridge and a couple lights when power goes out. I think the comparable Honda 2k handles the higher loads better but much more expensive. Could have bought two of the champions, the cable to daisy chain them and still have money left for some gas and oil for a while. Works great for a set of warmers and couple fans. Always used bicycle pump for air.

·
Registered
392 Posts
No generator (I dont bother with warmers at track days).
Bicycle pump.
I'm with the Oreo.

Bike pump is easy as pie and 15 bucks at Dick's Sporting goods.

I run warmers on race days and leave them in the trailer at track days. No need for them at all. Spend you money on track days. That generator would be like 6 or 8 track days.... :vroom:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that Honda is way expensive I thought they'd be cheaper..damn. I plan on joining wera next season I'm gonna need a generator and I'm looking for an enclosed trailer. I'm a broke college student with a minimum wage job lol

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Why don't you use them..that's just putting the tire through more heat cycles
As was alread said earlier, tires run out of tread long before heat cycles become an issue.

If you're a broke college student then you better start learning how to cut costs...
- skip the generator & tire warmers
- buy a small pump you can plug into your car
- get a harbor freight 4x8 open trailer with 12" wheels. I've had mine for 6 years and it cost me under 300 bucks shipped to my door.

Skip the frills & spend the money where it counts: Gear, tires, suspension, track time, instruction, preventative maintenence, etc.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah good point I'm gonna look at an open trailer. I do have trouble unloading and loading my bike out of my ranger. I can't really do it by myself. Plus putting the bike on stands, I think a solid wheel chock would be a good investment. Any good brands?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Kipor sells a 3000w inverter generator for about $900. It is quiet and it has plenty of juice for two warmers and a fan. It can run a roof mount AC unit also. It is a Honda knock off I believe. Very popular with the RV crowd.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
As was alread said earlier, tires run out of tread long before heat cycles become an issue.

If you're a broke college student then you better start learning how to cut costs...
- skip the generator & tire warmers
- buy a small pump you can plug into your car
- get a harbor freight 4x8 open trailer with 12" wheels. I've had mine for 6 years and it cost me under 300 bucks shipped to my door.

Skip the frills & spend the money where it counts: Gear, tires, suspension, track time, instruction, preventative maintenence, etc.
This for sure ! There are all kinds of ways to save money doing TDs or racing ( I do both and do not have all kinds of $ ) Pirelli SC2s require no warmers and give good life . I use to have an s10 and it was packed so i feel for your ranger ! I bought a van holds all with room to spare plus is a motel on wheels equiped it with a pitbull TRS best money ever spent easy 1 person load / unload . Get a little grill and bring your own food easy to spend a ton of $ eating ! The more you get into this the more you will find ways to cut your costs !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts