Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved a group up during this track day... That was kind of cool... I guess I went from one of the faster riders in my group to definitely the slowest in the next group.

Riding with more experienced riders is the way to go... You can see their lines and study their technique...

When they pass you they do it in a very predictable way... They just go for it without hesitation... I felt a lot safer riding with these guys...

Track Days are definitely the most fun you can have on your bike!!!

Luis

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I have not been riding a lot lately... And, track days were getting expensive...

I am glad I was able to get sponsorship, and I do not have to pay for track days anymore... I still can't believe it!!!

I am actually getting coach by a few Advance Group riders... They are giving me real racing advice and they know the local tracks very well. One of them tells me to get a race license as they are benefits to having it... (Even if I do NOT race...)

I already have track only rubber, DOT Race tires... I am going o invest on some good tire warmers and a lap timer to keep track of improvements...

I was also thinking of forking the money to attend Super Bike School next month... For beginner and intermediate riders...

Will see... Luis

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you running a track only bike now too?
Well my 05 SV650 does not have headlights or tailights... ;D

I can bolt on a headlight... I still have the BMW HID...

As for the tail lights... I lost the rear brake light with the Vortex rearsets... And, I lost the front brake light with a Brembo master cylinder...

My 2006 SV650 is still under construction... I have ot even decided which color to paint it...

Luis.

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any track day junkies here?

How about any road racers?

Luis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts