Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was time to give my old girl some attention. A few long-timers may remember my SV650 Track bike:

It has been about 4 years and a couple of minor low sides, and the bodywork was getting a little beat up.

Last summer, I acquired a 2nd tank and set of bodywork for virtually nothing. I repaired it and a friend helped me prep it for paint.

We got color on it just before I deployed for a short trip to Afghanistan.

Of course, we don't want to be all show and no-go, so she also got some nice performance upgrades last summer as well:

It was time for a new sprocket anyway:

2004 Yamaha R1 Forks with Ohlins 25 Mil kit replaced my Zoran-Worked 2004 GSXR 600 forks (which were of course, already superb)

Also 39mm Flatslides and full M4 System to replace the re-jetted stock carbs and Yosh slip-on.

I acquired a black Yamaha front wheel which didn't match the rear so they both got silver tractor paint from the farm store. It should hold up well.

Over the years I have been deployed under the 332nd Expeditionary Air Wing, best known for the Tuskegee Airmen in WWII, so I thought a Red-Tail them would be appropriate:

I ordered most of my vinyl while deployed so it would be ready for install when I got home.

Take 1 had black numbers on the tail, they just didn't show up.

Almost done! I got white numbers made for the tail and wrapped the exhaust so it wouldn't melt my boots!

Fine!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Looks like army SV 2.0, or military SV 2.0 to be more correct
More like Air Force SV 2.0. I did my original A-7 Corsair II Iispired bike at the same time canyon dancer did his famous Army bike. in fact, you can see an A-7 in the background in the third pic from the bottom.

The current inspiration is the P-51 Mustang

·
Registered
723 Posts
That's an awesome design and execution. Really balanced. Beautiful job.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Very cool! It turned out great.

Todd

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
really like the Tuskegee colors, they just look 'right'...

AND, a big thanks for your service...

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
NICE JOB!!! I like it!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts