Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 track bike is starting to cut out on me in turns with high lean angles. I've just started to drag a knee on my track days and it seem like maybe the lean angle is causing it. I've searched and all I've found is people suggesting the kick stand sensor or tip over sensor. I've cut my kick stand sensor and I've heard if you trigger the tip over sensor you'd have to turn the bike off to reset it. Bike comes to life if I straighten up a bit sometime which causes it to twitch some when I'm deep into turns. Not fun.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
688 Posts
My 04 track bike is starting to cut out on me in turns with high lean angles. I've just started to drag a knee on my track days and it seem like maybe the lean angle is causing it. I've searched and all I've found is people suggesting the kick stand sensor or tip over sensor. I've cut my kick stand sensor and I've heard if you trigger the tip over sensor you'd have to turn the bike off to reset it. Bike comes to life if I straighten up a bit sometime which causes it to twitch some when I'm deep into turns. Not fun.

Any other ideas?
When I did my rear shock update a couple weekends ago I accidentally didn't put the tip sensor back straight- when i realized what it was and got he bike running again i was showing it to a friend, turning it on its side and then straightening it out- the bike would start to stall then gain revs again...

I think you only have to "reset" it if it stays off for a while- like 2-3 seconds or more maybe?

Just a thought... Also might want to check you battery connections make sure they are tight cause I know if mine aren't cranked down well i can loose that circuit fairly easily...

·
Registered
496 Posts
... and I've heard if you trigger the tip over sensor you'd have to turn the bike off to reset it.

That's NOT correct.

I had my tip-over sensor pop off the little rubber tab thingy so it was just dangling, and spent a week wondering why the bike would suddenly start to stall out in turns, and then magically come back to life and gain revs again right after I finished the corner. At no time did I need to reset anything to get it to come back to life. (I didn't even know you *could* reset it? How do you even do that?)

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
That's NOT correct.

I had my tip-over sensor pop off the little rubber tab thingy so it was just dangling, and spent a week wondering why the bike would suddenly start to stall out in turns, and then magically come back to life and gain revs again right after I finished the corner. At no time did I need to reset anything to get it to come back to life. (I didn't even know you *could* reset it? How do you even do that?)
When my tipover sensor came loose and would trigger on hard launches I had to flick off/on the ignition in order to start it back up.

I think there's 2 symptoms from the tipover sensor.. one is temporary bogging (when it doesn't full engage) and the other is an all-out engine kill (but this is based off of a anecdotal evidence and I may be full of **** :D)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it was a mix between the TOS and the fuse in the starter solenoid which seemed to have come out a little bit. I finally figured that out after during one of my races the bike totally turned off at full lean and I had to go off track to keep from getting smashed from behind. Not fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts