Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a 02 sv650 for $500. thats right, five hundred. 11k miles. mechanically, runs, without any issues. cosmetically, looks like crap. previous owner crashed a few times. doesnt matter though since it will be track only bike. gas tank has a custom dent in it(no leaks). most of it was stock, doesn't matter though, any aftermarket stuff is getting changed out or removed anyways. only thing thats staying is a holeshot highmount exhaust. and a 520 vortex kit
will update progress, i only have 2-3 weeks left to finish it.

track bits to be done:
forks - springs/emu's/oil
elka 2way rear shock
woodcraft rearsets and clipons
gptech fairing stay
2nd gen armour track fairings(i had them for my sv1000)
SS lines+ vesrah brake pads
and change out all fluids

total spent: $2400 including bike, about as much or less than a track ready sv would cost ;D

before pic

during

woodcraft rearsets installed

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Since you've got it down this far, take the swing arm off and grease the pivot. Remember Suzuki doesn't do that out of the factory. The only other thing I did to mine or should say, had done to mine was the cut down wiring harness. The guys removed all the safety switches except the kill switch. Oh, they also checked the valve clearance.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i get my elka in i'll grease the pivot. plus i can wait for that tool from jeopardy. thanks for the tip

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finished the bike and did 2 trackdays this past weekend on her. 1st day it had some issues that got worked out in time for the second day. bike ran great, is very solid through the corners. its a good feeling passing those very expensive ducatis through the corners ;D

PICS

Both SV's togetheir getting snuggly with each other

Woodcraft Rearsets and Elka Shock

Woodcraft clipons, left controls deletion, and custom dented tank

Holeshot highmount with exhaust wrap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts