Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the size of it? As in width? I was thinking about replacing it instead of using the soft torx screw that is given already. Sorry if this has been answered already.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You just didn't know what to search for. Try "soft french cheese" ;D

M5 x .8 x 20
Haha thanks a bunch =] Would you know how to get the old bolt out without a security torx bit also? I don't currently have one and I would like to not but a set just to remove these and replace them with another, I'm cheap :D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Would you know how to get the old bolt out without a security torx bit also? I don't currently have one and I would like to not but a set just to remove these and replace them with another, I'm cheap :D
I'm cheap too, but this is one time you might actually want to spend the money. Lots of threads on here about people stripping them and then having to cut slots, etc. I found that with the right bit, as long as I was careful, there was no problem loosening the bolt.

Some "discount" type stores like Harbor Freight have cheap sets that will still be OK for occasional use, maybe you could try there?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Take it to a dealer and ask nicely.

Or pay Zoran at TWF an exorbitant amount of money to do it for you... You might get back a slightly larger bore TB to pick up a few ponies... And allen head bolts in there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Its not that pricey to buy that torx bit. actually would be cheaper then buying 2 replacement bolts at your local hardware store.

People strip them because they dont fully install the bit before turning, ive seen people only put it half way on, so only 2 spokes make full contact and etc.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I took the torx screws out and went to ace hardware for 2 new Phillips screws and washers for $1.19. Still did the job and I adjusted my tps a ok :). Borrowed the security torx bit from my neighbor haha. Thanks everyone for their input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts