Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to trade for a 2005 650 naked with 20,000 miles, supposedly maintained well w/ royal purple oil changes. The current owner adjusted the TPS. I've had 2 SV's in the past and put the TRE on both of them and loved it, but never messed with the TPS, so that's new to me. I planned on putting another TRE on this bike as well, should I have him adjust the TPS back to stock before I put the TRE on, or what would everyone suggest for the best performance feel?

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I'm getting ready to trade for a 2005 650 naked with 20,000 miles, supposedly maintained well w/ royal purple oil changes. The current owner adjusted the TPS. I've had 2 SV's in the past and put the TRE on both of them and loved it, but never messed with the TPS, so that's new to me. I planned on putting another TRE on this bike as well, should I have him adjust the TPS back to stock before I put the TRE on, or what would everyone suggest for the best performance feel?
Do both.

The TPS adjustment was honestly a bigger improvement for me.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The two are unrelated for the most part. The TPS will just monitor when the throttle opens to control FI, and the TRE determines which FI map to use depending on the gear you're in. If you adjust the TPS "back to stock" (meaning how it came from the factory), it will actually be set way too high most likely. I would just double check the TPS and make sure it is set at around 1450 which is where the PO should have set it if he made the adjustment. However we all know mods don't always go correctly, so I would check it just to make sure.

Here's the write up on how to adjust the TPS in case you need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts