Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the adjustment with the bike running and all that but I was wondering if anyone has ever looked up the correct resistance for the sensor. I'm sure the sensor is just a varying resistor that changes as you twist the throttle. If any of you that have got it adjusted right and own a voltmeter that can read resistance can you pop the tank up and pull the connector and get us a reading at static with the motor off.

I fiddled with mine the other night and got it better, from 3800 rpm to like 2400 rpm, but I was sweating my a$$ off in this Florida heat and after a while the frame was getting hot to the touch. If we can find out the correct resistance then we can do this adjustment with the motor off and in the comfort of A/C if no one minds you rolling the bike in the house.

When I was looking at the Honda Superhawk they had the same problem but had gotten the resistance measurement so the adjustment could be done with the bike off. Just a thought. Shoot the messanger if you think he is a fool.

And thanks to anyone that can post up the correct resistance so I can try this again in the comfort of A/C.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP

No one willing to go out and check the resistance across that TPS with the bike off and just sitting there? I know, you all can't stand to just let the bike sit there. You have to have it running so you can either listen to it or ride it. Please? someone help me out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It should work just like a TPS on a car. There are procedures in factory repair manuals to adjust them without the car running. I personally do it with the car running. Just leave the key on and watch the little line until it deflects right as you apply throttle. It should work just the same

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
watson1987 said:
seems like a good idea

but i think i need more infromation to see what cables you need the resistance over?
I'll see if I can figure that out for you. Give me a little time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I plan on adjusting mine soon. I'll try to remember to measure the resistor value before and after the mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts