Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I bought a 2004 Sv650 with 24,000 miles and a Hayabusa front end last summer. Towards the end of summer I realised the lugging in the low range was not normal, and it was getting worse. It got so bad, I no longer felt it was safe to ride. Ive been working on it on and off since then. I've had my injectors professionally cleaned, and have a brand new TPS installed.

It is now so bad that it wont start without me fiddling with the TPS. It will not hold adjustment either. I jump the plug to enter dealer mode and put the line right in the middle, and it doesnt run very well there. Still lugs really bad. I can make it run great, but no matter where I adjust it to, as soon as I power off and back on, it's all out of whack again. The line reads the same, but the engine responds differently.

I would very much prefer not buy a new ECU, but I can if necessary. Im getting to the point where I'm tempted to sell it as is and get what I really wanted in the first place, but I know I will love the bike if I can get it running well again. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts