Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I bought a 2004 Sv650 with 24,000 miles and a Hayabusa front end last summer. Towards the end of summer I realised the lugging in the low range was not normal, and it was getting worse. It got so bad, I no longer felt it was safe to ride. Ive been working on it on and off since then. I've had my injectors professionally cleaned, and have a brand new TPS installed.

It is now so bad that it wont start without me fiddling with the TPS. It will not hold adjustment either. I jump the plug to enter dealer mode and put the line right in the middle, and it doesnt run very well there. Still lugs really bad. I can make it run great, but no matter where I adjust it to, as soon as I power off and back on, it's all out of whack again. The line reads the same, but the engine responds differently.

I would very much prefer not buy a new ECU, but I can if necessary. Im getting to the point where I'm tempted to sell it as is and get what I really wanted in the first place, but I know I will love the bike if I can get it running well again. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
seems like you kinda need to take it to a shop.
From the problem you describe, there's probably some tuning problem within the throttle bodies(lots of adjustments to the bodies aside from the TPS).

...or you have faulty injectors(I've just changed mine after cleaning hasn't done much - 60k miles)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts