Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just started this thread in the TPM forum last night. :)

I'm hoping I can make it, regardless of what the weather does.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im bringing the toy box. A dry place to sit is allways a good thing especially when my wife is with me. She loves the track and helping with the bike and pitwork but she hates being cold and hates being wet. The two together can be a deal breaker. :)

See you out there.. You on an SV???

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was at TPM's last day of the year last year on Nov 29 @ CMP. Talk about cold and wet... :(

I'm on a blue second-gen SV, stock bodywork sans lights. Look for the smallest car and smallest trailer in the paddock. :) White A* leathers I "customized" last year and a white HJC helmet.

I'm in Red group, btw. Which group are you in?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one in Carolina right? I was there also. I didnt have rain tires and by the time I got them they decided to call it a day and no one rode sunday. At least I had a toy hauler so we stayed dry and warm overnight....

You know what blows about that? As soon as we left, it cleared up and didnt rain the rest of the day. Just overcast and drissle. Man was I a unhappy camper....

Did you go down on SAT?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was thinking of going but have a family obligation on Sunday and I leave thursday to race at Road Atlanta. I like to wait until at least mid season before starting to **** off the wife and blow off family events. Have fun down there and I'm planning on going to Thunderbolt next month.

Z

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
You guys are crazy ...

Cold, possible rain and the first track day of the year .. on a green track ... is a recipe for a crash fest.

Even if the sun's out, people just cant seem to allow their tires to come up to temp before they push it ... and inevitably fall off.

I'd wait until temps are in the high 60s at the very least.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
You guys are crazy ...

Cold, possible rain and the first track day of the year .. on a green track ... is a recipe for a crash fest.

Even if the sun's out, people just cant seem to allow their tires to come up to temp before they push it ... and inevitably fall off.

I'd wait until temps are in the high 60s at the very least.
Well, it wouldn't be my first. I did one a couple of weeks ago when I was in LA. ;D

I feel you about people letting their tires heat up. Hopefully people will realize this and ride accordingly. And the weather is a non-issue as we haven't committed yet and won't until the forecast gets a little better.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You guys are crazy ...
Exactly what the corner worker told me at CMP on November 29th last year immediately after I lowsided in turn 11, albeit with a very southern accent. :)

It was only about 40-45 degrees that day and very wet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'll be there. I hope the rain stays away. Cold and wet sucks!!

I have rain tires on route though, just not looking forward to using them in March.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Man that standing water is scary stuff glad you guys enjoyed it.

Can't wait for 4/11 and 4/12!!
Yeah, it was a little sketchy. However, it was the first time I'd really ridden my RR anywhere, let alone a track, so it turned out good. :thumbsup: That track will be real fast once it's dry though... :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was crazy. rain then no rain then rain again. My first time in the wet and the Dunlop rains worked great. It was a great experence and I would recommend it to any one if just for the experence.

AS Krookland stated it didnt get close to dry untill the last few sessions of the last day but it was a blast. I cant wait to ride this track when you dont have to worry about dropping into one off the right agter you ride through water. Lot of crashes there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts