Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased a Tourmaster Coaster 2 Leather jacket. I love it! The leather is real thick and the fit is perfect. The only problem ( which is kinda a BIG problem ) is the zipper. Once in awhile I will sip it up and the middle section splits open. I am very careful zipping and un zipping. I returned the first one and got a replacment, but the second one does the same thing. It uses a plastic zipper, and I am wondering if anyone else has had these problems with plastic zippers? Are metal really more reliable?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was considering Tourmaster a while back but purchased Firstgear due to a ton of positive feedback about the company. I am very happy with my Kilimanjaro jacket i got. keeps me very warm in freezing temps (tested at about 25*) with just a t-shirt underneath. I crash tested it also and it kept me perfect, still goofy looking but not worse!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
It sounds like they got a batch of poorly-made zippers, and so any jacket made with a zipper from that batch will have the same problem. Definitely send it back; it it comes open just while you're wearing it, it certainly can't be trusted to stay closed during a crash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts