Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on two trips this summer to New Hampshire and Maine. The first one was about 850 miles and the second close to 1000. The Gladius isn't the best touring bike but with enough accessories it isn't bad. On my first trip I used a rack and a dry bag. The second I bought a cheap trunk from JC Whitney that worked out well. :vroom:

Many of the roads in NH and ME are GREAT! Smooth and nearly empty during the week. Deer and logging trucks are the biggest hazards.

Here are some photos. http://imgur.com/a/nIpfa#13

·
MOTORADOR
10,955 Posts
That photo is awesome!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice pictures, I do agree ME and NH roads are made for motorcycling.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Evans Notch is one of my absolute favorite roads. Unfortunately I didn't get one single ride up there (yet?) this year. Dixville Notch used to be better than it is now - before they "improved" the road on the Colebrook side. It's still pretty good if traffic is light. Hopefully you crossed the river if you headed south after tagging the Canadian border. That farm road (102) is WAY more fun than the big road (Rt3) on the east side. Just watch for the tractor pull-outs that are covered with mud.

All of Rt 16 is a pretty ride and if you're not shy about throttle input, the huge turns along the way can be real fun. You've got to be on there at the right time to miss traffic, though. Love the Mt. Washington shot. I was going to say you missed out on some great views, but it looks like the clouds were well broken up to the north.

Thanks for sharing the great photos.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went up mid-week both times and the roads were almost empty!! Of the few cars I came up behind, I could easily pass them.

I dropped my bike during one ride. I was coming out of a uturn and didn't realize I was in neutral until I tried to give it some gas... The shifting was all messed up so I stopped at a bike shop in Gorham. It turned out I had bent the shifter and it was hitting the bodywork, duh.. I didn't realize it because the shifter moves upwards more in 2nd gear than any other gear. So shifting into second was the only time it hit the bodywork.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts