Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have posted here before but not much. i am asking opinions on a good “next” bike. I currently have a 2k5sv650n and it has been awesome but I think I’m ready for another, more sportier bike. The sv has served me well but I always wanted something a little different. i also feel i have outgrown the 650 and am rdy to sell my 650 and move up to something higher.

Seeing as how my sv has been my only bike EVER I dont know what to get. my buddy has a 1000 ninja that he has let me ride before (briefly) and has told me i can ride it more to get the feel of the 1000cc engine. but i love the seating on the sv and dont want to lean like on his ninja. id like something with that seating style but sporty like the ninja. i was thinking an svs.

Thought?....

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
An SVS may have too radical a seating position for you. It sounds like you might like a "standard" litrebike There are a wide range of standards. You could get a 2003 SV1000 (the only year for the naked SV1000). You could get something mid-pack like a Honda 919 or Kawi Z1000 or something radically cool like an Aprilia Tuono or a Ducati Monster. Look around.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Well...you said you don't want to lean like the ninja, but you want sportier than the SV.

Or...did you mean you want it to LOOK sportier than the SV? Because, I took it like you want more power and better handling.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well you are right, want power and handling but let me clear it up a bit. its not too much of the lean that is the problem. its my knees in my chest. when i take my trips fron ATL to CHATT i ride the entire way leaned on the tank. but it just feels different on my SVN b/c my legs still feel extended. but on the ninja its feels like my knees r next to my chin.

so yes i did mean power, look, and handling but i didnt mean i am totally aginst leaning. sry for not being more clear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.