Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, its late. You guys are prolly all tucked away blissfully dreaming your moto-dreams. To me its like mid-day or something... life of an Uber I guess. Woke up around 4ish pm, did a little laundry, cleaned up a bit, and then head out to the garage.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Man I love that ass, all curvy and tight... perked up nice and ready for action :sneaky:

That's a shared garage, by the by. My neighbor's bikes to the right. You can just make out their kayak hanging over the Honda 700. They're a pretty cool couple. I should have grabbed a shot of another neighbor's big ole Harley bagger further down, but I was a bit busy.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

New battery, lubed (hehe) the chain, tires checked, brake fluid and calipers serviced last month. A little Honda brite... she's ready to go!

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

I'll get a pic fully dressed up before we roll out. Gotta charge the Sena, remember my tooth brush and other sundries, and get up bright and early... maybe 2ish. I'm already on vacation baby! Time for a cocktail 馃榿

Attachments

Reactions: OfirMX

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I use the Calimoto app to plan routs, navigation, and it makes a neat modernish display for my analog Little Suzy. Here's the ride up:

2 Hours to Madi

Gonna grab breakfast in Elkhorn:

Elk Restaurant

Looks yummy!

Reactions: Troy Jollimore

Registered
Yea, its late. You guys are prolly all tucked away blissfully dreaming your moto-dreams. To me its like mid-day or something... life of an Uber I guess.
Nah mate, there's another whole world on the other side of the globe :giggle:
I'm not long home from work and cruising the site while I eat dinner.
Hey we got a long weekend as tomorrow (friday) is public holiday so kinda on a mini vacation as well, but too cold for riding as its mid winter here in NZ.
Sounds like you got a grand plan there for your trip, have a good one my man and enjoy the vibes on your gen 1.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"but too cold for riding as its mid winter here in NZ"

Wow, you Kiwis aren't just upside down, your all backwards and stuff :LOL:

Have a great holiday mate! I'll throw some pics up so you can live vicariously. You can return the favor in December when I'm freezing my Chi-town balls off 馃挩鉂勷煡

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi Rider

Registered
2000 SV650 N
Looks like a kick-in-the-ass trip Darren. Enjoy, and keep us updated.

Registered
Canada鈥 Anything over 10C (sometimes lower) is fair game! 馃槃
Yep, double digits is pretty much my line in the sand too Troy. Looking at my local weather data we've had highs between 3.3 and 10.1 deg C the last fortnight. But we've got 11 forecast for this sunday so that could be my 'fun day' :giggle:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not exactly as planned- got here early and suffered for it. First off, I certainly didn't get enough sleep last night. After stopping for breakfast at about halfway point. I started to feel a little funky and started sweating. It got warm but I have pleanty of airflow and this was not normal. I arrived around 11:30ish and the woman behind the thick glass protected counter said check in wasn't till 3. Apparently the whole place was filled up and not a single room was ready. She must of been able to see I was in a bit of distress and I told her I just road in from Chicago. I think she was just being a choad. Anyway, she made it clear that I just couldn't park my ass in the lobby so I shuffled over to a nearby mall. I found it mostly empty, air conditioned and having those big massage chairs which I plopped in. A very miserable time, but no mall cops or anyone hassling me for taking up the seat for a couple hours.

Got back to the M6 at 2:40 and the nice man behind the glass checked me in. After the besssed shower ever I crashed in bed for a few hours and feel a shit ton better! Now I'm just gonna chill, maybe door dash some grub, and hopefully tomorrow I'll be fully charged for the day.

Last thing, while I wouldn't call this hotel super scetchy, it is a bit. Meh, parked under light in front, disc lock, insurance... and maybe budget an extra $10-15 a night next time fo a little upgrade.

Registered
2000 SV650 N
Hope you feel better bud. We're with you.

Super Moderator
Not exactly as planned-
That pretty much describes every road trip I have ever taken, lol. It can suck while it is happening but isn't it the little "detours" in life that keep it interesting? :D

I hope you feel better, and thanks for taking us along on your journey. (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts