Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only really wrenched on mountain bikes and I was wondering where I would find all the torque specs for the sv. Also I am wondering on a moutain bike anything with threads geats greased before you tighten it down just so it does not end up permanently attached. It seems like most stuff on a motorcycle you put lock tight on. Is that right? I am about to install a new rear shock, dog bones, rearset, and remove my forks for rebuild is there anything special I should look out for??? I have read over the shock removal/replacement part in the tips section. I don't have alot of experience on motorcycles but this all seems straight forward. Is it? Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
You can get the service manual at www.socalsvriders.com in the download section.  It will list all the torque values and instructions on how to remove the forks and rear shock.  If you choose to use loctite use the blue NOT the red stuff!  Good luck!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool Thanks! When you say "choose" to use locktight do you mean it is not nessary even for things like frame sliders (where I know Nate says to use the blue)??? I realize this is probably personal preference but what do you do?

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Whoops...didn't mean to leave that impression re: use vs. non-use of loctite. I use it when the service manual specifies its use. If Nate says to use it on his product I would most definitely use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts