Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Toronto - New York - Boston - Halifax - Portsmouth, NH - Toronto

This was 8 days in total with 3 rest days. No modifications to the bike (except a stupid fender eliminator from the last owner which caused my license plate to hang by one screw onto my back tire until someone informed me at the border). I used Nelson Rigg CL-950 saddlebags and a CL-750 tailbag. More than enough room; I also brought an excessive number of cameras. No repair equipmet; some zip ties would have served me well but then again, a mechanic supplied me with a zip tie for free right after crossing the border into NY.

Grooved pavement on the I-95 in Maine was probably the worst part. It's particularly sketchy in the rain.

If I was going to do anything differently next time, I'd probably buy better earplugs (lots of wind noise even though I used 32 dB plugs). My helmet is an RF-1000. Also lowered foot pegs and raised handlebars would probably be nice, I found the position a bit cramped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip! Congratulations!

Regarding the ear plugs, are you sure you were putting them all the way inside the ears? I usually ride with lower db plugs and cant hear any low frequency noise. Was your helmet whistling?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Holy big pics man!

Glad you had a great trip, I have to take a few days and do something similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts